My 2014 is in for service already!

LMK_CX5

:
2014 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD
So...I have the bouncy hood. Then the rear camera stops working. Then the engine light comes on.

I spent most of the morning waiting at the dealer. Not too bad, they have wifi. Then they give me a loaner and basically say they are a bit stumped and this will take some time to figure out. The only detail they did give me was the engine light was due to the coolant temp and they were on the phone with Mazda. Hmmmm.

So I guess the car will be held overnight. Did they give you a decent loaner car?

hate to be the barer of bad news, the cooloant temp issue is the same one as mine. every 2013/14 cx5 and mazda 6 has the same issue. the reflash for this issure is supposedly coming in a couple weeks. code is a P0126.

Yes, overnight. They gave me a Subaru Forrester - yuck. The hood bounces at about more than 30 mph when not on almost perfect pavement. The camera seems to be giving them alot of grief.

Yes, overnight. They gave me a Subaru Forrester - yuck. The hood bounces at about more than 30 mph when not on almost perfect pavement. The camera seems to be giving them alot of grief.

I know it's not going to make you any happier but Mazda reliability is above average (just barely). It's interesting, that Honda and Acura are not much better. Also, newer models are doing better than older ones.

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/02/13/j-d-power-vehicle-dependability-at-all-time-high-lexus-and-po/

UPDATE: I won't get my car back until tomorrow, waiting on the hood (insulation?) part to come in. The CEL is the same issue that Pudde mentioned, so it will have to go back in a couple weeks. Not thrilled about driving around with the CEL on. They think the camera is broke and is on back order for who knows how long. So 2 days in the shop and the only thing that will be fixed is the hood.

If it was a Mercedes the car would be in the shop for a week but at least you would get a Mercedes loaner (not a Subie Forester, eeewwww). Hope it gets fixed soon.

Eh, it happens.

And if the MIL can be remedied w/ a reflash of the ECU, then I'd say that is pretty fortunate. Much better than a mechanical issue anyway...
The hood on mine has bounced for a year now. Not worth my time to "fix".

So...I have the bouncy hood. Then the rear camera stops working. Then the engine light comes on.

I spent most of the morning waiting at the dealer. Not too bad, they have wifi. Then they give me a loaner and basically say they are a bit stumped and this will take some time to figure out. The only detail they did give me was the engine light was due to the coolant temp and they were on the phone with Mazda. Hmmmm.

The 2014 Mazda6 with the 2.5L also has the same coolant temp CEL issue. There is a fix, already being applied at the factory. It takes a while to get the updated parts to North America, hence the "couple weeks" time frame.

The 2014 Mazda6 with the 2.5L also has the same coolant temp CEL issue. There is a fix, already being applied at the factory. It takes a while to get the updated parts to North America, hence the "couple weeks" time frame.

What is the "updated parts"?

Either a ECT sensor or tstat.

Back