1 tap, 3 blink turn signal

MATR6

:
'15 WRX
Is this available on CX-5s without tech package or the '13s.
I love this feature & only seen them in BMWs.

It is available and can be activated by the user. Just go into the setup screen and I believe it is under the Lights category. I did that for my Touring without the tech package. There are some threads on this feature in one of this CX5 forums.

Yo! Glad you're posting over here. Hope you're liking your CX-5.
Yeah. It's a nice community here.
It is available and can be activated by the user. Just go into the setup screen and I believe it is under the Lights category. I did that for my Touring without the tech package. There are some threads on this feature in one of this CX5 forums.
Sorry for the double post.

Can it be done in sport version?

It can be done on the sport model. The feature is called Smart Turn. Without the touch screen radio, it requires a trip to the dealer to turn on the feature.
I just had my local Mazda dealership turned on this feature last week when I dropped off the CX-5 for the second oil change. I have to admit, this feature is handy and I wish I had known it sooner so that I could have them enabled it before delivery.

Ok, I read about this on another thread...what exactly is this and what is it used for? I guess I am a noob(rolleyes)

When you tap the indicator stalk, the blinker blinks 3 times, not just once.

Used for changing lane on a highway or exiting a mini roundabout or in other situations where constant blinking would be overkill.

I am so glad that a Japanese car maker finally incorporated this feature. Having driven BMW's and VW's, I can't imagine driving in a large city without the 3 blink signal. I often get into my RX-8, tap it, only to realize it blinked once... Talk about a change of second nature.

When you tap the indicator stalk, the blinker blinks 3 times, not just once.

Used for changing lane on a highway or exiting a mini roundabout or in other situations where constant blinking would be overkill.

Thanks...me understand now (cheers2)

I didn't know about this feature till I found out on the forum. Turned it on for a couple days and disabled it ever since. Not sure but I didn't really like it. Usually when I change lanes, either I don't signal (I know that's bad) or while the left hand holding the wheel, I just slide the finger over and tap it slightly so it signals, move over lane and that's it. I don't push the lever all the way. When I do the 3 blinks, I find myself already in the lane and it's still blinking. Which seems weird, thus I turned it off. Maybe I am old school. I also turned off the BSM sound off because I find it distracting that sometimes it gives false results. Weird, having these features and I am slowly disabling them. I rather swap these features for memory seats or power passenger seats any day.

Last edited:
I don't mind much if one doesn't signal and is reasonably distant from the front of my car, also going my speed if not quicker so i don't have to freaking slam on my brakes. Unfortunately that seldom happens and I end up laying on my horn and/or high beaming them. For those who have driven in NYC, you know exactly what I am talking about.

I use my 1 tap 3 blink so often, I love it. I wish there was an option to have it blink up to five times.

I like the feature and have used it when I remember during lane changes. It will take a bit to get used to it since I am so used to not having the feature.

I came across this option in the "vehicle" setting a few days ago. After reading the posts I understood what it meant. I set it to "on" mode, tried but don't quite like it. The blinks are too fast. Five blinks suits my driving style better...I am used to giving 3 to 4 seconds of warning signals before making a turn. I wish there are options to set the number of blinks.

I came across this option in the "vehicle" setting a few days ago. After reading the posts I understood what it meant. I set it to "on" mode, tried but don't quite like it. The blinks are too fast. Five blinks suits my driving style better...I am used to giving 3 to 4 seconds of warning signals before making a turn. I wish there are options to set the number of blinks.
5 blinks would be ideal for some ppl, but if there is a car in the lane you want to go I to, it might annoying bc you can't turn it off one you tap it. I think you can try tapping to the other side.
Tried to go into fast lane other night but car was zooming by at 90 mph bf I can see him. I had already tapped the signal for 3 blinks. It was still blinking as he passed me. To him, he probably thought I was still coming into his lane bc the blinkers were still on. For 5 blinks, just tap it 2X for 6 blinks. That's what I do when it's a turn that's not a full 90 deg where steering wheel won't turn it off automatically.

Just found out you can disable the 3 blink by pressing the stalk back, but it's hard to do that bd the 2nd blink.

WOW, 3 or 4 seconds? No offense but if you drive in NY you will be forever stuck in your lane. NY people knows what I am talking about.

Back