Corksport CX-5 Exhaust

:
Mazda 6 iTouring 6MT
I know some of you are curious about the corksport axel back exhaust and I must say I'm really impressed by it. It looks great and sounds amazing. Very deep tone on the low end and doesn't get raspy at full throttle. It's very clean sounding, not ricey or annoying, just tasteful. Install was a breeze, I think it took me about 20 minutes or so the only pain in the ass was getting the rubber pieces off the original exhaust hooks. Heres a few pics w the cs exhaust vs stock exhaust. hopefully this will help

Attachments

• cx5exhaust2.png
    cx5exhaust2.png
    265.9 KB · Views: 1,591
  • cx5exhaust4.png
    cx5exhaust4.png
    242.7 KB · Views: 799
  • cx5exhaustold2.png
    cx5exhaustold2.png
    53.5 KB · Views: 730
Looks great. Any droning, if so at what speeds or rpms?

Could you get some video's please? Outside and inside (idle, drive, full throttle). I have been waiting for these before making my decision on this.

I am excited about this exhaust! How does it sound inside the cabin, not too loud or obnoxious I hope? And most importantly, is the increase in power/acceleration noticeable at all? Are you running the corksport intake as well?

there is minor droning but it's not that bad at all. as far as performance goes I haven't noticed much of a difference. ill post vids once i get a chance to take them but I def recommend this exhaust, sound quality is similar to borla imo

Oh... Considering the CX-5 is pretty fuel economy oriented and keeps the revs in low RPMs.. That's not good... :S

This thread is WORTHLESS w/o a video.

actually douche this thread isnt worthless considering the fact that no one has this exhaust or knows much about it so i was just giving my input on how it sounds and answering questions people may have on it. im sorry that my busy life prevented me from catering to your needs

Typical iphone videos have limitations and will only tell us so much.

I place a lot of value on actual owner (in this case redline3104) experience and feedback after a few hundred miles of driving.

Anybody seen an actual explination for 80MM sizing? The probably get piping it in a lump bulk at a fair price, seeing as their other exhaust offerings for the Mazdaspeed community are 80MM as well.

The 350 SBC in my pickup has a 2" manifold back. Why on earth does any section of exhaust need to be >3" on a NA 4cyl.?

Back