What and how do you use it?

asrm

:
Mazda CX-5 GS FWD Alluminium
Although my main question is to ask what is the small squarish thing used for (or how are you guys using it for), We can actually share smart ideas on using the space inside the car. Ex: the small compartment near the car lighter charger in front or the corner grooves in the trunk.

Back to my original question:

I am talking about the small squarish box like space near the drivers door below the TCS buttons?

That is where the navigation module goes if you buy one. As an idea that I have: my garage door opener fits perfectly over there with the buttons facing out. I just need to put some time of object behind and use velcro.

Another thing: i velcro'd that sliding pull out tray on the elbow rest storage so it doesnt move around when i make sharp turns.

There are also some open slots in the styrofoam that is holding the spare tire under the cargo mat. That's where i keep my umbrella and it fits perfect in the mold.

I put the microfiber lens cleaning cloth for wiping off the touch screen in that little spot under the TCS button.

great idea, aperture_shot, I can't believe they didn't put something in there to help keep the tray from sliding around. When my phone charger is plugged in it keeps it to the one side but when I forget that in the other car that thing sliding around is annoying.

Although my main question is to ask what is the small squarish thing used for (or how are you guys using it for), We can actually share smart ideas on using the space inside the car. Ex: the small compartment near the car lighter charger in front or the corner grooves in the trunk.

Back to my original question:

I am talking about the small squarish box like space near the drivers door below the TCS buttons?

That is the place for my subwoofer volume knob.

I keep spare change in there. There's only a couple coins in there. I don't recommend having $12.37 in coins in there. You'd probably be picking them up every time you accelerate or take a corner.

I keep my garage door opener in the driver's side door pocket where it's kind of out of sight. If you happen to park your car in your driveway and someone saw the garage door opener peeking out of the the Nav opening, it might be a way to gain quick access to your home.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys! Great pointers there...

Need to spend some time on Pinterest and get some great ideas. It seems to be a good place to keep the key while driving. Will need some non-slip mat and customize it for that place. Will share if I find something interesting.

My sunglasses fit perfectly in their case. I don't use the overhead because it does not protect my expensive sunglasses as well.

Back