What do you all think of the sky blue color for the cx5?

Brad33

Banned
:
Mazda CX-5
hello everybody,

I am interested in buying a 2014 cx5 and like the sky blue color. what is your opinion on the color? I want a mans color something that looks nice during different parts of the day etc. I dont want to stand out too much. if you have a sky blue please share youre experiences. Thanks.

If you dont want to stand out too much, go with black, silver or grey. White was our first choice, but they had a limited choice where we were so we took the Sky Blue off the showroom floor.

Jeff

That's exactly how I got my blue one. Honestly, I like it so I really don't care if anyone else does or not. I don't think it stands out - there are certainly other blue cars out there.

yeah thats true, its just I have never seen a sky blue mazda cx5 on the road. In youre experiences how has it been? easy to keep clean etc?

I saw one on the road, the cute girl test driving one the day I stopped by to look at the selection before I bought my liquid silver Sport lol

Her and her dad were looking at one one the sales floor and i was as well, the salesman didn't know the weight so I answered the question for him!

It wasn't there when I came back to talk business two days later...

Last edited:
The blue color is the best color on the CX5. Its also the reason i dont own one. Since you cant get a manual in blue. Which is BS Mazda!!!

I like the color, but it dates the car. I feel it is personal and may limit your resale. Sorry to be a negative Nelly.

My wife wanted the sky blue one. But I purchased the red one it had the options I wanted. She has been getting a lot of people telling her that is a great looking vehicle. When she sees a blue one, she said that she was glad we did not get the blue CX5. I guess she got over the blue one. I like the red, white, and black CX5s. The only problem with the back is it is hard to keep looking clean. What ever color you pick just love it and enjoy it.

That's the color I'm getting next month. I've owned cars of different shade of gray and that's going to end. (rockon) When I saw CX-5 in sky blue for the first time, I knew that's the color I wanted.

Last edited:
I like the color, but it dates the car. I feel it is personal and may limit your resale. Sorry to be a negative Nelly.

I agree that it dates a car, but i like to see old equipment that has been maintained and cared for. My DD is a 98 VW Jetta TDI, I've owned it since new and it still shines, both paint and mechanically. The color, body style, mileage, and accident history will all date a car. Never by a car, especially a new car, thinking about resale, it takes all the fun out of it. There is a Sky Blue sport down the street, I enjoy the color, but it is begging for some dark grey rims. I was going through the member photos and came across a Sky Blue with dark rims, looked great.

Last edited:
I think whether or not a color dates a car just depends on the type/style of car the color is on. I think this specific blue fits this car really well!!(2thumbs)

The sky blue and zeal red are great colours overseas.
The sky's and weather are diffrent there.
In (mostly) cloudy Holland, i bought the PearlWhite colour.

Don't give a s*** ! (forgive me) when trading the car in a couple of years.
The dealer will always try to find a (reason) to give you less money for your current car.

I also can't understand why people put on seatcovers on brandnew cars, for the next owner ?? !!

Gr. Karl

Lol...still carrying that chip huh? (peep)

Going to until they fix the problem probably. Just sad they have to punish MT buyers like they do. Its sad i can have thousands of $$'s i want to spend with the company, and they cant offer any sort of options just cause its a MT. I did end up blowing a chunk of the savings i had for the CX5 on a 33sq foot LG fridge last month though. At least they wanted my money. lol

I guess i was lucky i bought my Mazda6 when i did. I guess that was the end of Mazda giving you all the options you could ask for, while still giving you a Manual option.

The sky blue and zeal red are great colours overseas.
The sky's and weather are diffrent there.
In (mostly) cloudy Holland, i bought the PearlWhite colour.

Don't give a s*** ! (forgive me) when trading the car in a couple of years.
The dealer will always try to find a (reason) to give you less money for your current car.

I also can't understand why people put on seatcovers on brandnew cars, for the next owner ?? !!

Gr. Karl

I Agree, in wales its even cloudier than holland, and the blue and red come alive in the sun.

It's all about the blue.

Dream the Blue.
Touch the Blue.
Feel the Blue.
Be the Blue.
Buy the Blue.
Become the Blue.

cx-5-ext-lighting-004.jpg

Back