Can someone please help me decide on what color I should get for my 2014 CX5?

Brad33

Banned
:
Mazda CX-5
Hi guys,

Ok so I am getting a new 2014 mazda cx5 when they come out within a couple of weeks, I am having a tough time deciding on color I have already picked out my options I am getting a grand touring model. The dealership is getting a sky blue, pearl white, soul red all in GT trims. I am curious to see what you guys reccomend and what color you think looks best for the cx5. I personally like the sky blue, I think its sharp but do you think that blue is good or is it a color I may get sick of over time? Any suggestions would be great I appreciate it. Please post what color and why.

Post images of youre CX5 if possible. What should I factor into my color decision? What do you guys honestly think of the sky blue? I want a mans color is the sky blue manly? Please offer any input thanks.

How did you all decide?

Last edited:
on a side note, I know the GT trim has automatic day time running lights how do you turn them on?

Last edited:
on a side note, I know the GT trim has automatic day time running lights how do you turn them on?

They turn on automatically (when in forward or reverse gear and headlights are not on), the driver has no control of DRL's.

ok just because at the dealer i left the car in park and got out to look and the lights werent on

Thank you! my other cars stayed on in park. can you please address my questions above? just need some good input about color etc. thanks

I prefer the metallic white, but I understand that everybody has different taste when it comes to color. The choice is best left to the individual. CX left front.JPG

Is the sky blue easy to keep clean? do you draw extra attention to yourself like do you feel comfortable parking a nice blue car next to others? I like it alot I just dont want anything to happen.

I like RED, White and Black also look good. The only problem with black is it will look dirty faster. Also ask for the TECH package. You can see my CX5 GT in my profile pictures.

WTF, manly color, what do people think, will people notice, not wanting to stand out, (nearly troll-like)...

(for the sake of being an actual person)
Look in the "Lounge" section of the CX-5 forums for posted pictures of peoples rides.

Jeff

Is the sky blue easy to keep clean? do you draw extra attention to yourself like do you feel comfortable parking a nice blue car next to others? I like it alot I just dont want anything to happen.

Yes.
No.
Sh*t happens.

(I hope than answers the questions)

1. Sky Blue
2. Silver
3. White
4. Rest

Just my opinion it was designed with Sky Blue or Silver as the primarily colors... it does look decent in white..... dislike it in dark grey or black.

Got mine in Silver since Sky Blue wasnt available for Sport 6MTs

Loving it with 50% front and 20% rear tints

Thanks, how did you know the cx 5 was designed with sky blue and silver as primary colors?

From a CX-5 engineer "During the assembly process of the CX-5 we noticed that the vehicle was more aerodynamic during our test drives when we applied Sky Blue or Silver paint in the factory" there's your proof.

Back