Recalcitrant front mat anchors

:
23 CX-5 Premium
Anyone figured out an easy way to release the front floor mat anchors? Or am I the only one who takes them out to vacuum? Finger tip never works for me. I always have to come up with a blunt pointed object in order to exert anough pressure on them.

You're not the only one. I kinda slip my right hand under the mat to hold the anchor down, then lift up on the mat with the other hand. I is somewhat difficult, but I guess it's not supposed to come up easily. Especially since the whole Toyota floor mat deal.

its a pain alright. I get sand in my car maybe twice a month from beach trips and its a hassle to remove the driver floor mat to do a good vacuum job. I considered the weathertec mat, but its so bulky/ugly I would want to only put it in for beach trips, which would mean fighting with the floormat fasteners just as often if not more... uggg.

The backing of the mats are tacky and kinda bond a little with the floor carpeting. I don't really see why they are necessary. I just quit snapping them in when I take them out to vacuum.

Back