Need help picking color for new 2014 Mazda CX5 Grand Touring.

Brad33

Banned
:
Mazda CX-5
Hi guys,

Ok so I am getting a new 2014 mazda cx5 when they come out within a couple of weeks, I am having a tough time deciding on color I have already picked out my options I am getting a grand touring model. The dealership is getting a sky blue, pearl white, soul red all in GT trims. I am curious to see what you guys reccomend and what color you think looks best for the cx5. I personally like the sky blue, I think its sharp but do you think that blue is good or is it a color I may get sick of over time? Any suggestions would be great I appreciate it. Please post what color and why. Thanks.

Silver or white in US if concerned about resale.

Otherwise your choice should be based on personal preference, not forum feedback.

Although I agree with xtrailman for the gray, I think it's a personnal choice and you should go with your heart and your eyes :) Yes, black is always dirty, but very classy when clean. White is rusty, but very eye catching and cooler in the summer. Red is this, blue is that, blah blah blah... Every colour has its functional advantages and inconvenients.

To comment on the choices YOU have, that is blue, red or white, my first choice would be Soul Red and my second, white. The blue I find too flashy in my own taste (I once had an electric blue mica Mazda3, and THAT was an amazing blue).

As for the Red and white, both are very nice and deep colours. No wonder there is a supplement, as the use a multi coat finish to give the colour extra quality and appearance. I've seen the Red in a showroom, and yes, it is worth the extra (here in Canada it's 300$). It is bright under direct light and darkens in shadows, much more that other colors. The white also has a nice finish but only when seen up close. With the white though, the black trim stands out more, giving the CX-5 a truckier look, which I like too.

Finally, think on any modifications you want to make to the car in the future. Will you be painting your rims/going aftermarket? Will you add roof rails? Will you change the emblem color? I myself want to "black out" the wheels and emblems on my soon to come CX-5. I found the the only two colors that will benefit from this are the red and the white. Some people want gold or light bronze rims, so they may choose black for the contrast...

So it's all up to you and what you'll do with the car that matters. And if you have the chance to see them in person, I say go for love-at-first-sight! :)

My choice was liquid silver in the Touring even though I have to wait until the end of the month to get it. They had a 2014 GT in silver on the lot but I personally didn't think it was worth the extra $$$, especially the leather which I will get aftermarket from Katzkin.

Ok well im most likely not going to do any modifications to the vehicle at first I already think the car is sharp as is. what do you all honestly think of the sky blue color in terms of the looks? I dont wanna draw too much attention etc. any other suggestions? I also want a color that is a mans color is the sky blue manly etc?

Back