Reset engine oil data

ausy

:
Mazda CX-5 Max Sport Diesel 2012
Does anyone know how to "Reset the oil Data" after an oil change as refered to in the workshop manual. Does it have to go back to the Dealer?Thats 260 k,s round trip for me. Thanks

In Toyota, you press and hold the trip meter reset button while turn the key to ACC, wait for a few seconds for the odometer display to show "-------" all hyphen. Not sure if this is the same for Mazda.

Hello ausy, have you found out how to perform the oil change data reset procedure for your CX5 yet?

Hello ausy, have you found out how to perform the oil change data reset procedure for your CX5 yet?

Well the short answer is no, but i haven't pursued all of the helpful suggestions from the same question i posted in the "Engine Transmission,Drive train Thread, if you are interested have a look at the replies and links there. As a qualified Diesel Mechanic I am doing my own oil and filter changes and a few other jobs but i am content to take the car back to the dealer while still under new car warranty to get them to stamp the book for their part of the service so they just charge me $50.00 to reset the engine oil data then and carry out any other computer updates and checks. I change oil and filter at every 5000km's which is in between the scheduled 10000km intervals so the next one i do at 15000km's i will attempt the suggestion on the link on the other thread mentioned above. I also read somewhere in the CX5 Forum that most car repair places with Modular diagnostic Equipment can perform this reset so i will check this out and get it done locally if the Manual DIY procedure doesn't work . i will let you know how it goes. i still need to do some more research in the workshop manual but it seems to make reference only to the Mazda Modular Diagnostic System. Hope this helps

Back