2013~2016 How to reset oil data? CX-5 Diesel

ausy

:
Mazda CX-5 Max Sport Diesel 2012
Can anyone tell me how to "Reset Oil Data" after an oil change on my CX5 Diesel ?, I have found reference to this in the online workshop manual but cannot find the actual proceedure. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks Giddygoanna this info is the closest i have come to a DIY solution to this issue. the owners manual says that the reset has to be completed in less than 1000 KMI's after the oil change or the engine warning light will display. Is this what you experienced? I completed my first oil change a few weeks ago at 5000Km's. As a qualified Diesel fitter I can do my own maintenance and not compromise the Mazda waranty as long as i use Genuine parts with the exception of engine oil as long as it meets the specs in the owners manual . I had no option but to take it to the dealer and pay $50 for them to use the M-MDS to reset oil data. I notice at the end of the document you included, there is a note about refering to the Workshop manual for detailed proceedure for the SKYACTIV-D 2.2 ,maybe there is more information neede to complete this proceedure it appears that the search continues .
I am Curious as to what oil you used , the Genuine oil is a Castrol brand so i used Castrol Edge Professional 5w-30 fully Synthetic which meets all the specs and i assume is the same oil as the genuine stuff but still in the Castrol drum not a MAZDA bottle and also around $65 cheaper in a 20 litre drumb. Thanks again for your help .
ausy

Thanks Giddygoanna this info is the closest i have come to a DIY solution to this issue. the owners manual says that the reset has to be completed in less than 1000 KMI's after the oil change or the engine warning light will display. Is this what you experienced? I completed my first oil change a few weeks ago at 5000Km's. As a qualified Diesel fitter I can do my own maintenance and not compromise the Mazda waranty as long as i use Genuine parts with the exception of engine oil as long as it meets the specs in the owners manual . I had no option but to take it to the dealer and pay $50 for them to use the M-MDS to reset oil data. I notice at the end of the document you included, there is a note about refering to the Workshop manual for detailed proceedure for the SKYACTIV-D 2.2 ,maybe there is more information neede to complete this proceedure it appears that the search continues .
I am Curious as to what oil you used , the Genuine oil is a Castrol brand so i used Castrol Edge Professional 5w-30 fully Synthetic which meets all the specs and i assume is the same oil as the genuine stuff but still in the Castrol drum not a MAZDA bottle and also around $65 cheaper in a 20 litre drumb. Thanks again for your help .
ausy

I didn't do my own oil change ausy, was just preparing for when I will, outside of the warranty period.
I did have to travel back to dealer after 10000km service because they hadn't reset due to having a broken MMDS cord.
Thanks for the info on what oil to use (other than Mazda branded).
Will go down this route after three years of ownership.
Cheers,
Giddy.

I went to a local car repairer to find out if they could reset engine oil data and they plugged in a Scan Tool just under the dash on RHS of steering column witch recognized the CX5 and provided the reset oil data option so at least it is good to know i don't have to travel 260 KM's round trip to the dealer to get this done. I plan to use this option when i do my 5000KM mid scheduled oil changes. I am still searching the workshop manual for a complete detailed Manual procedure if there is one. Will post if i find it .

What is the purpose of resetting the oil data? What happens if you do not?
The OP on this thread was referencing oil reset for his diesel engine. The diesel PCM monitors oil quality (dilution) and quantity. If you don't tell it that you have changed the oil when you have, it will get to a point where the PCM believes the oil is no good anymore and cause faults.

The OP on this thread was referencing oil reset for his diesel engine. The diesel PCM monitors oil quality (dilution) and quantity. If you don't tell it that you have changed the oil when you have, it will get to a point where the PCM believes the oil is no good anymore and cause faults.
Thanks for that - any idea what faults and indicators might come up? Could it cause a CEL and Oil Pressure light (P055F)?

If you have a 2.2 diesel with a P055F code your likely looking at a blocked oil pump intake or broken oil pump chain. Either probably going to require open engine surgery

Back