Reset trip odometer (A or B)

Norkamus

:
2014 Mazda CX5 GS AWD
Hello. I have searched for this, and found nothing. I just got my 2014 CX5 GS yesterday, so I'm sure I might stumble across the answer soon. Alas, how do I reset the trip odometer (Either A or B)? My info button allows me to scroll through 4 items: current L/100km, Average L/100km, average km/h, and estimated distance left to drive. I can reset the two averages by holding down the info button center and I imagine it's a similar procedure for the trip odometer.

Underneath this display shows "trip A", which is almost the same as the main odometer reading (50kms 'cause it's new!)

How do I get to it? Is there a button somewhere that I can't see?

Cheers,

Nick

There is a stalk sticking out of the instrument cluster by the trip odometer. I believe pushing it switches from Trip A to Trip B and holding it down for about 2 seconds will clear whichever trip odometer is currently displayed.

"Meters & Guages" pages 4-9 and 4-10 in the owners manual. There's one in the glove box of every shiney new CX-5.

That stick is the dimmer control I have found. Perhaps it somehow controls the trips as well. I will have to try it. Paris, seeing as you have the book handy, can you confirm or deny? I don't have my manual accessible for a couple more hours, which is why I thought to post here.

Nick

yes, pressing it controls the trip reset and scrolling between them.

It is funny to me in some ways that they hold onto the resetting those by pushing on a knob up there from the old days when it physically rolled a counter back that was connected to it.

I thought it was also interesting that our old Protege5 had the dimmer down with the regular switches to the lower left of the dash and the CX5 moved it to that somewhat awkward place. With the auto headlights I find myself wanting to adjust the brightness more often.

Trevor
http://mazda.handa.com/cx5.html

Last edited:
Thank you for your help. I am so stupid; there are instructions right beside the stick on the dash. ( as well as in the book...)

Nick

Back