Rear Bumper Guard

jtl

:
CX-5 GT w/Tech
Does it really do any good considering it does not cover the leading edge? I am referring to the OEM one.

Last edited:
That was also my thought. Good call! Door sills are the same issue, even though I like the look of the oem I ordered the Chinese version simply because it has lip on the leading edge. My VW has a factory scuff plate on the door fram that is some kind of heaving vinyl that it textured it looks great and has been taking abuse for 11 years. Why more manufacturers don't consider these things is beyond me.

Paris, did you put film on the front bumper and hood ? I was thinking of doing the bumper and doing the hood edge protector. I am kind of concerned that the line on the hood from the film will be very noticeable after a few months. Not to mention that it is one more project that I could easily mess up.
John

Does anyone know if the 3M clear film is the same stuff as the OEM clear film for the rear bumper? The OEM one is $65 and the 3M is $45.

Does anyone know if the 3M clear film is the same stuff as the OEM clear film for the rear bumper? The OEM one is $65 and the 3M is $45.

the guys who installed the 3M stuff on the hood of my Cx-5 installed an appropriately trimmed offcut on the rear bumper. Which was a nice touch as it was Free of Charge. They also did the glossy piano black front grill part. I'll post pics when I get a chance but from memory it looks similar.

Last edited:
Back