Mazda expected to go into profit due to CX-5 sales

excellent.........stolen comment from that page but I agree.

"Glad to see Mazda improving 'post-Ford', the styling of the new Mazda 6 moves things on for them, good luck!"

CX-5 exceeded original sale forecast nicely, a great success story for Mazda.

Just hope they don't expect me to contribute when I go to negotiate my CX-5.

This caught my eye. I thought it was going to be a CX-3, to compete against the Juke??

"Mazda also has plans to expand its range to include two extra models, with one expected to be a new seven-seat SUV to rival the likes of the Hyundai Santa Fe. "

Also, thanks for sharing. Nice to see that they are finally making some money.

Of course one of the big reasons that they were losing money (as were a lot of Japanese manufacturers) was due to exchange differences between the yen and other currencies. That is easing, but glad to see that they didn't use that as a lame excuse and resumed building excellent cars that people wanted to have and drive. They haven't had this much success since the 3 first came out, and before that the original Miata. Ford reducing it's ownership stake has helped Mazda tremendously in letting them chart their own destiny as a separate company. I believe in Mazda.

As a former (and also current) Honda owner, I think Honda needs a dose of the Mazda treatment (Honda is still very successful, but their offerings are in a word, boring and very conservative.) Long Live Mazda!

I just wish I had some money, I'd love to have the new 6 in my driveway, my wife likes the 3, and my daughter will be driving soon, a 2 would suite her nicely ;-) Dream on!

They should be selling well, I have 5 cx5s on my street. Black one (mine). Silver one (neibours) white one down the street, and a his and her navy blue and red one. I am a trend setter. Lol.

I anticipated this. I had been excited about the CX-5 for a while, which is why I bought one as soon as they started rolling off of the car haulers in early March 2012. I knew as soon as I drove it that it'd be a hit.
I am a huge Mazda fan, so it feels good to aid their market performance.

Yes I anticipated this too, because hardly anything in this class even appeals to me (2013 Escape and CX-5 were my only serious choices). I knew of Mazda's financial situation and how critical this completely new model was to the turnaround, no room for duds.

I am not a huge Mazda fan but CX-5 stands out. Once I saw it in person in January 2012 I was motivated to get one 2 months later.

Last edited:
Yes I anticipated this too, because hardly anything in this class even appeals to me (2013 Escape and CX-5 were my only serious choices). I knew of Mazda's financial situation and how critical this completely new model was to the turnaround, no room for duds.

I am not a huge Mazda fan but CX-5 stands out. Once I saw it in person in January 2012 I was motivated to get one 2 months later.

Clearly what SkyActiv has done is bring a fuel efficient vehicle to market that is really fun to drive but also doesn't cost so much that the average joe can't afford it.

Back