CX5 Insurance

jtl

:
CX-5 GT w/Tech
Just got a quote for insurance, it went from $605 per year on my 2002 VW to $816 on the new CX5. I didn't think that was too bad of an increase.

I got a quote yesterday for my 2014...it was $50/year cheaper than my 2005 Ford Escape!! I was thrilled.

I did a quote through my USAA insurance to go from a '98 Corolla to the 2013 CX-5. It was a $20 a month increase. Off the top of my head I can't recall if that also included a bump in coverage levels too.

I think people are going to find this vehicle is economical in more than just gas.

My 2013 AWD CX-5 is cheaper to insure, by a couple hundred $, than my wife's 2010 Hyundai Elantra

I'm paying just over 1400.00 CAD here in Vancouver and that's with a clean driving record.(rant)

I did a quote through my USAA insurance to go from a '98 Corolla to the 2013 CX-5. It was a $20 a month increase. Off the top of my head I can't recall if that also included a bump in coverage levels too.

USAA FTW, negligible increase (less than $10) per month. Granted not just anyone can get their insurance products though...

I have not had an incident the past 5 years yet my yearly premium with Geico is $1600 (that's just for the CX-5 not counting the other 2 on my policy) , I'm seriously thinking of dumping them actually.

$280 every 6 months with state farm. The crossovers are in their "wagon" category which is really cheap insurance.

I'm paying just over 1400.00 CAD here in Vancouver and that's with a clean driving record.(rant)

Ontario is worse. Lol. No insurance company even wants to be here lol. Cx5 is rated very high safety wise. My insurance did not change coming from a 07 Mazda 3.

I've got a 2006 MS6, 1972 Chevy C-10 and 2013 CX-5 on my auto policy w/ 2 drivers, and I am paying way too much with Geico. I am starting the process of shopping around today.

Had a policy w/ Geico (ASI) for Home Owners, but dumped it because it was high. Looks like I will do the same for their auto as well. I noticed in the first 6 months or so, Geico had it listed as a CX-7 on my policy. Later, when my policy renewed, it listed as a CX-5 finally, at which time my premium dropped slightly...

For those of you that have good driving records check out Progressive. I check around every year and they are the best I have found. I have never found State Farm to be cheap but according to nizzy1115 it is for him so maybe that is worth a quote as well.

Anyone that is insured with Geico, immediately call them and request a policy premium review and speak with an underwiter. For whatever reason, there are new rates that just went into effect and my premium for 3 cars was reduced $800/year. After telling a co-worker, she called and reduced her premium for 2 cars by $600/year.

Anyone that is insured with Geico, immediately call them and request a policy premium review and speak with an underwiter. For whatever reason, there are new rates that just went into effect and my premium for 3 cars was reduced $800/year. After telling a co-worker, she called and reduced her premium for 2 cars by $600/year.

Thank you for the info Steve. My 6 month premium was just paid off this month. I am actually thinking of switching to NJM. Going to see what they quote me for the next 6 months before I dump their ass, completely being ripped off now that I see what others are paying. When I added the CX-5 it wasn't even in their system so how could they correctly assess a price I never understood. I called them back a few months later and it still wasn't in their system and the person I had spoken with just gave some generic answer like "Policies on new cars tend to be higher, bla bla bla"

Last edited:
I just got an online quote from State Farm and it was 408 every 6 months, that is the same rate as Progressive. I have not had and accident or ticket in 25 years so other than my location I should be getting the lowest price available. Florida insurance rates are higher than most.

I think I'm only paying around $700 per year for my CX-5 with Erie. When we added it to my policy last year, we kept my PT Cruiser, but changed it to limited use until my son gets his license, and my total premium went up around $550. I'm paying about $1,700 for three cars. The third is a Saturn Outlook. Eire is regional, in only about a dozen states in the East and Midwest. I've been with them almost 30 years.

Just updated my quote for a 2013 on USAA's website. To drop my ancient corolla and add the CX-5 is $15 a month extra, for a total of $700 a year. That's with 100/300 coverage, married mid-30's, multi-car discounts, and 500 deductible for collision and comp.

FWIW, I called Geico and gave them the chance to come in lower w/ identical coverage to an Allstate quote I got, and they couldn't do it.

Looks like I'll be making the swap.

Back