Someone else fell in love

CX5NJ

:
2012 Mazda Speed3
I was coming out of Home Depot and I see this guy scoping my CX-5 and as I approach my car he sees me and says "this is a very nice car". He fell in love he kept asking me questions on how it handles,gas mileage,comfort, and price. So in the end he finally says " I'm going to buy one of these" I said go for it. Join the club. I can be a good salesman. Just thought I share my first compliment from a random stranger. CX-5 FTW!

nice.

the first weekend with ours we were waiting to pull out of a parking lot and as a convertible pulled into the lot the lady in the passenger seat lifted up her sunglasses and just stared at the car as they drove by. Her head just pivoted locked on the Mazda.

the first weekend with ours we were waiting to pull out of a parking lot and as a convertible pulled into the lot the lady in the passenger seat lifted up her

Aw, you had us thinking this was going to be a really good story.

Every time I walk out to my car I think to myself "what a great looking car. I'm so glad I bought it". My last fill-up I calculated 34 mpg which makes me love it even more.

Flashing and deserving of finders fees, all good stories. But I agree, the CX-5 has the good looks of something like the Q5, it's best-looking in this class especially when compared to direct competition such as CRV, Rogue and Tuscon.

speaking of flashing. I caught myself flashing my lights at another CX5 yesterday and then realized that it may be a long past idea of saying high to other owners and also that other owners may not be as excited to see another one on the road.

speaking of flashing. I caught myself flashing my lights at another CX5 yesterday and then realized that it may be a long past idea of saying high to other owners and also that other owners may not be as excited to see another one on the road.

I believe with this vehicle, most other owners don't care. But, perhaps more so than the average Hyundai, being a Mazda. I have yet to have another CX-5 owner pay attention to mine when I drive it (which is seldom).

Ha. If somebody in another CX-5 flashed high beams at my wife (it's her car), she'd probably flip them off. LMAO!

My Speed 6, however...
Anytime I see another, which is seldom, a wave is exchanged. The CX-5 doesn't have enough of an enthusiast following.

The last flashers (headlights that is) I experienced were Porsche owners, but that's diminished to the point of being just like other car owners.

I used to get them when growing up driving my Dad's Fiat
fiat6s.jpg
and then when I got our first Z
oldz.jpg
but not so much in the Z anymore. I guess people just don't pay much attention anymore.

It was daylight when I did it and as soon as I did it dawned on me that there is probably no way they cared that another one of their cars was going by the other way.

My dad used to have a 1967 Porsche 912. I used to have my own "slug bug" like game - I'd try to spot another Porsche so he would flash the lights at it.

The old urban legend had it that if someone flashed their lights they were targeted by gangs.

When the Mercury Capri was first introduced, the horn was activated by a stalk on the steering column. Every Capri driver would honk every other Capri that they saw and the other would honk in recognition. But, the seventies was a very cool time.....

I was under the impression that flashing your headlights at incoming traffic was a way to warn about police cars or speed traps. It is definitely something I do not see often either way. I've also see truckers use it to signal an "all clear" to change langes when passing each other.

I was under the impression that flashing your headlights at incoming traffic was a way to warn about police cars or speed traps. It is definitely something I do not see often either way. I've also see truckers use it to signal an "all clear" to change langes when passing each other.

It is used in the uk to warn of speed traps but if you have a new model on the road and they're still rare you can often get a flash from another owner as well

Back