Meteor Gray to replace Metropolitan Gray for 2014 CX-5

STE92VE

Zoom Zoom Zoom
:
2014 CX-5 AWD GT w/Tech Pkg
If this is Meteor Gray, as seen on a CX-9, I might be changing my preference from Liquid Silver to Meteor Gray. The Metropolitan Gray was too dark for my liking. The Meteor Gray may be the Goldilocks of the 3 Shades of Gray (discounted from 50) for me!

2012-AIMS-Mazda-CX-9-photo-1.jpg

i agree, looks very nice.

speaking of the cx-9, can't wait until they make a skyactiv cx-9.

i wonder what kind of engine they will use?

If this is Meteor Gray, as seen on a CX-9, I might be changing my preference from Liquid Silver to Meteor Gray. The Metropolitan Gray was too dark for my liking. The Meteor Gray may be the Goldilocks of the 3 Shades of Gray (discounted from 50) for me!

2012-AIMS-Mazda-CX-9-photo-1.jpg

oops. just bought mine. I agree. The metro gray was too dark for me. That is a super colour. Fortunatly the liqiud silver isn't a bad alternative.

986S rf.JPGThat is especially nice, and certainly better than the too common plain silver/gray. Dark enough to be unique, kind of like Seal Gray Metallic color by Porsche.

Last edited:
I like it this. I didn't like the Metropolitan Grey color at all, it was just too dark.

I really like that new Soul Red though. Red is awesome, if its done right. The current red is too dark.

We will see what the dealer gets in a few weeks. He has 2 or 3 GT with Techpackage coming in, one red and one of them "grey", but he didn't know which gray. I like the silver.

Was in a Mazda Dealer last night and on the floor was the Meteor Gray CX-9. After seeing it person, I think I'll stick with the Liquid Silver since the Meteor was still too dark for me but a very nice gray otherwise.

:(

thats soul red as seen on the new 6, correct?
it does look better on the 6. i think i may even prefer the 2013 shade of red.

There was also a MZD6 in Soul Red on the floor and that's one hot looking car & color. Almost like Candy Apple Red.

Here's a comparison picture. Metro Grey on the left, Meteor Grey on the right.

Metro%20vs%20Meteor.jpg

Too red for my taste, the zeal red (looks copper sometimes), looks richer.

That Meteor Gray is classy-looking.
But I prefer Red, and my 2013 Zeal Red has eye-catching qualities about it depending on the light. In full sun it varies from a rich copper to a warm red depending on the angle viewed. The new Soul Red appears a little too vivid, more fitting for a sports car...hey, wait - the CX-5 is a sports car!

IMO, meteor gray is a better color than the metro gray, if you leave the car as is, esthetic wise. Deeper and more refined. However, like z-man said, the red is just awesome.

I'm a big fan of the "black out" theme, as in having a colored vehicle (blue, red, green, white, light gray), and blacking out the badging, wheels, roof rails, etc. The new gray is too dark for my taste, for a black out.

Color choices are very personal preferences, agreed the low quality pics don't do these metallic colors justice.

IMO, CX-5 is no sports car, lol.

Back