Get a third key?

tarapajero1

:
Mazda CX-5
I want to get a third spare key for my sister in case she needs to drive it. I want to know how much usually the spare key cost and how long does it take to order one from the dealership.

I doubt you could have 3 working as most car manufacturers only allow a maximum of 2 keys to be able to be programed and work with the vehicle at anyone time

I doubt you could have 3 working as most car manufacturers only allow a maximum of 2 keys to be able to be programed and work with the vehicle at anyone time

That hasn't been my experience.

The O.P. should simply call his Mazda dealer for a quote on another key. They will tell you if one is available and how much they charge.

My girlfriend was quoted about $160 last month for a spare key fob for her '07 Nissan Sentra that has keyless entry and ignition... I imagine it would be that much at minimum to get one for the CX-5.

Can you drive the car with only the metal key, or do you "Need" to have the FOB for it to run?

I got a third key from the dealer. They had it in stock. There was no problem having three remotes but they had to have the car and all three remotes so they could all be programmed. It took about 45 minutes. I got only the push button part and the programming and the cost was $200. Since the third remote was for a remote car starter I didn't need the actual door key. I believe the key would have added $25 to the cost.

I got a third key from the dealer. They had it in stock. There was no problem having three remotes but they had to have the car and all three remotes so they could all be programmed. It took about 45 minutes. I got only the push button part and the programming and the cost was $200. Since the third remote was for a remote car starter I didn't need the actual door key. I believe the key would have added $25 to the cost.

good to know. Thanks.

Back