Stock 19" upgrade for Touring

74Bronco

:
2008 Mustang GT
Hi, I'm a newbie who is looking at buying a CX5 Touring. But, I hate the wheels. Any idea how much it would really cost to upgrade to the 19" stock wheels on the GT? I mean, the best price, not the dealer screwing you price.

Thanks!

From what ive heard the 2014 will have the 19"s. Maybe someone else can confirm though as I am not positive.

Tires for the 19's are far and few between. You are likely better off getting a set of aftermarket rims that you like that slightly wider so they have a more common tire size.

Grab 20's off the CX-9 and use the tire calculator from miata.net to have the nearest stock tire aspect. Often you see 20's from the CX-9 go for cheap since they've been around for a while. That's if you're really concerned about looks. Mazda has done that to quite a few of their CX-5's including the Laguna Seca Pace Car CX-5, SEMA examples, Dynamo CX-5, etc etc.

I love the Sema CX5, but for my own personal driving, I'm not a big fan of big wheels/small sidewalls. (my mustang gt has 295/45/18s on the rear). It's not necessarily the size of the 17s I don't like, although I would like bigger wheels. It's that they are just ugly, IMO. So I'd like some cooler wheels without paying a fortune for new wheels and tires. I like the grand touring wheels so I was wondering if anyone had added them as an option and if so, what would it cost. But if there are better alternatives, I'm open. Thanks for the help!

Well it seems like you are familiar with aftermarket parts since you did mentioned your mustang on fat 295's. Why not grab something that is not OEM? Given the tire aspects, bolt pattern, and center bore size.

Well it seems like you are familiar with aftermarket parts since you did mentioned your mustang on fat 295's. Why not grab something that is not OEM? Given the tire aspects, bolt pattern, and center bore size.

I am familiar with aftermarket parts. My wife and I have a 08 mustang, a Wrangler and a 1974 ford bronco. Plans are to sell the mustang and get a CX5. But CX5 aftermarket is a whole new world for me and I'm looking for ideas, suggestions etc. and I'm reading about what fits and looks good to me.

Back