Driver and Passenger Seat Clicking

Tiphares

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring (moonroof/Bose)
I bought a CX-5 Touring in October and the past couple of months I've notice a very clear click coming from the seat when I first sit in the car. I've also noticed the sound from the passenger seat when my wife gets in. There are no clicking sounds or rattles from either seat while driving, just the first time you sit down. "Hopping" in the sit does produce quieter clicking sounds, but it is definitely still there. My best guess is that it has to do with the springs or the wiring harness under the seat. Web and forum searches did not return anything. Has any else experienced this or have a suggestion on how to silence it? Thanks.

Tiphares - Welcome to mazdas247.com.

Have not heard this kind of click from my CX-5 so far.

Switch in seat cushion that senses person in seat and informs computer for AIRBAG/SRS System

I have repaired that seat clicking noise on my cx5 . Each seat has 4 springs under its cushion, these springs have near their latch point some rubber, but this rubber is so thin and it gets ruined (after one week of driving new car) and then spring is making contact with metal construction of seat.
You have to remove these springs and put self adhesive insulation tape on that four contact point on each seat. Be careful, it is easy to remove these springs, but to put them back in front latch point is very hard. :)
View attachment cx5.bmp

Last edited:
I have repaired that seat clicking noise on my cx5 . Each seat has 4 springs under its cushion, these springs have near their latch point some rubber, but this rubber is so thin and it gets ruined (after one week of driving new car) and then spring is making contact with metal construction of seat.
You have to remove these springs and put self adhesive insulation tape on that four contact point on each seat. Be careful, it is easy to remove these springs, but to put them back in front latch point is very hard. :)
View attachment 200319

I think that's exactly what's happening. The diagram is very helpful. Thanks! I'll definitely have to look into this.

Hopefully this is something that Mazda has been made aware of and has instituted a fix in current production.

Back