Help-how to fold the mirrors of CX-5

yiflin

:
Mazda CX-5 Touring
Hello all,
I just bought a brand new CX-5 Touring base model the day before. I'd like to seek your help on how to fold the mirrors of this car? I'm not sure whether it's power controlled or manually. I'm afraid to break it if I fold it by hand....Thanks very much!

No they are not, but that would have been cool. 2nd week in I was not paying attention and brush the mirror on the side of the garage. (shh!) Mirror folded in and I recieved a small chip for my effort. Grr. First accessory purchased was touch up paint. Doh! Welcome to the club.

Try turning the knob for adjusting mirrors (white dot facing forward), my mirrors fold when i do.
Is this another euro-spec treat?

Twist the mirror control knob to 12o'clock and they fold inwards. I didn't realise it did it till saw service tech do it, they also pointed out the passenger one was broke so has been replaced.

Twist the mirror control knob to 12o'clock and they fold inwards. I didn't realise it did it till saw service tech do it, they also pointed out the passenger one was broke so has been replaced.

Why did it stop working do you know? Did you hit it?

No not hit it, the first time the technician tried it, something inside disengaged an it loosened the mirror (it flapped around a little after that) and there was a constant buzzing noise from the motor trying to close it constantly. Appeared to be a manufacturing fault so was changed under warranty.

Back