Sell CX-5 17" wheels with tires or without?

bpagonzalez

:
2013 CX 5
I wanted advice on whether to sell my CX-5 17" wheels with or without tires.

I bought some 19" wheels for my CX-5 and they're currently on their way, I've been debating on whether I should sell my 17" wheels separately from the tires. I live in South Texas so I never have to worry about swapping out my wheels during the winter.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Attached is a picture of my CX-5.

Attachments

• Eddies.CX-5.jpg
    Eddies.CX-5.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 342
You might want to offer them either/or and see what kind of bites you get. I would also try to determine if these wheels fit anything else besides the CX-5, as you're not going to get a whole lot of interest from that market. Additionally, the plain-Jane Yokahama A/S tires may have broader appeal if decoupled from the wheels.

In my area tire shops will not mount used tires, doesn't matter how much tread is left on them. They claim it is for safety. So selling them apart will also make it not marketable to some people. Our bolt pattern fits on a lot of other Mazda vehicles. RX8, 3, and I think the 6 so far. Other manufacturers I know of Nissan 350, and a lot of Audi's. Our bolt pattern is used a lot.

I would suggest trying to sell together. You will probably get offers of selling them separate, or you will find a buyer for them together. These wheels might be a big hit in other scenes specifically the ones going for an "OEM+" look. So I would do a little more research to different cars with the same bolt pattern and advertise on their forums.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice.

I'll probably post all four together (tires on wheels) on eBay sometime next week.

Sold the tires first, they fit on various other cars 350.00 appr. $ 463.00
And later the OEM wheels, 400.00 appr. $ 530.00
Wanted to paint or powdercoat the OEM's black and fit Nokian wintertires.
Now i'm buying a nice set of black aftermarket rims, 360.00 appr. $ 477.00 ( without all the fuzz )

Gr. Karl

Back