Rearview camera

llhots

Hi everyone,

I am very happy overall with the CX5, aside from my fuel consumption being far lower than reported (I am averagining about 12 l/100 km with just over 2000km on a GT AWD withu city and some highway driving).

That said, I am having many issues with the rearview camera. When I back up, the image is either black, or else broken up, or extremely contrasty. At first I thought that it may be related to the cold temperatures we are having here in eastern Canada (-15 C or 5 F). This was reported in the manual, although my understanding was that this related more to the screen rather than the camera itself. I get the poor image quality even when the LCD monitor is warm.

Has anyone had these issues? it seems like it may be a loose connection somewhere, or else a bad camera?
I haven't yet been to the dealer, but am getting frustrated enough to pass by shortly, especially considering the car is a couple of weeks old.

Any tips?

Thanks

No problems. Just need to wipe the camera lens now and again if it gets dirty or more often gets condensation on. Works perfect. How did I ever live without one!

Yeah, sounds to me like a bad connection as well. So far so good for me. Almost 8000kms and camera works perfectly.

Thanks everyone. Must be indeed a bad camera or connection because the image constantly flickers and it happens irrespective or temperature. Will take it to the dealer and will let you all know what it turns out to be. Thanks...

Back