Wheel Spacers

Wic_ed1

:
Mazda CX-5
Has anyone put wheel spacers on their CX-5? If so can you please provide specs and link, pics would be great too..

Thanks

I just put 25mm Hubcentric Spacers on my 5 GT Last Weekend, after driving to and from work today, I came to the conclusion that it actually feels like it rides better. more firm and less tilty on right turns. no issues with abs, TPMS, or anything like that. Looks SO MUCH BETTER TOO.

I just put 25mm Hubcentric Spacers on my 5 GT Last Weekend, after driving to and from work today, I came to the conclusion that it actually feels like it rides better. more firm and less tilty on right turns. no issues with abs, TPMS, or anything like that. Looks SO MUCH BETTER TOO.

Picture?

Pics? Any problem with TPMS warning light staying on (this was reported by another poster earlier w/H&R spacers)?

do you have the site link to these?

Here are some reference shots for 20mm spacers on the stock 19" wheels.

p2.jpg

p1.jpg

p1.jpg

Seems to line up pretty flush. I'm interested to see how a 25mm compares.

That looks damn good. How the CX-5 should have came stock. With the extremely high offset of the stock wheels, the CX-5 look too narrow and wimpy, especially from behind.

Any issues with rubbing?

Spacers only corrupt the suspension geometry and reduce steering feel. Longer wheel bolts maybe required too. Why not buy some wider wheels instead and do the job properly?

Spacers only corrupt the suspension geometry and reduce steering feel. Longer wheel bolts maybe required too. Why not buy some wider wheels instead and do the job properly?
Wider wheels/tires have all the suspension geometry/steering feel issues of wheel spacers plus they introduce a few additional issues. Some of this can be minimized to a degree by choosing wheels with a different offset but that solution requires progressively wider wheels to achieve the aesthetic goal of lining the outside of the wheels with the body panels.

My primary concern is with the performance of the vehicle - I think the OEM setup has a pleasing appearance. Of course that's a subjective matter but I have a difficult time understanding the people who want to sacrifice so much performance for their personal perception of good looks.

Saynotopistons, sorry but the car isn't mine. I found it on a Japanese car blog.

And to mike, I wish you would stop being a know-it-all and let other people do what they want. I'm considering leaving this forum because of you and your posts all over this board.

[QUOTE

And to mike, I wish you would stop being a know-it-all and let other people do what they want. I'm considering leaving this forum because of you and your posts all over this board.[/QUOTE]

You leave Mike alone I think I am in love with him, he is always so interesting. Thank you Mike M.

And to mike, I wish you would stop being a know-it-all and let other people do what they want.

You are confusing sharing information with preventing other people from doing what they want. There is quite a difference.

I'm considering leaving this forum because of you and your posts all over this board.

I hope you don't think you need my permission!

Back