How to leave the car running with all door locked without being inside?

Z0RrO

:
Mazda, CX-5, GS
Hi,

I would like to leave the car running with all door locked without being inside. When I start the car and I move away from it (with the key in my hand), I try to lock the car (using the remote) but it does not work.... How can I make it happen ?

Thanks

Have you tried locking the doors with the button on the door and then closing the door?

I have tried to lock the car using the button on the door. When I pressed the button, all 4 doors lock but they are instantly/automatically unlocked by the car.

When trying to manually lock the door from the inside (using the knob), the door instantly/automatically unlock by the car.

on my ms6 I use my key and just lock the door from the outside and they stay locked. Maybe it's the same for you

Roll window down, lock close doors, reach in and lock, roll up windows using the auto-up feature.

Originally Posted by 92FOX
Roll window down, lock close doors, reach in and lock, roll up windows using the auto-up feature.

I will sure try it! Thanks

and I bet you'll find that you can't UNlock the car then. Brian_MP5T post to use the key is the way to go

Speaking of rolling windows after locking the car. Does the CX-5 offer the feature to open/close the windows via the keyless entry remote or the door handle button? Much like VW's and Infiniti's.

Last edited:
Hi,

I would like to leave the car running with all door locked without being inside. When I start the car and I move away from it (with the key in my hand), I try to lock the car (using the remote) but it does not work.... How can I make it happen ?

Thanks

You could also leave your other key in the glove box or hide it somewhere in the car. :)

yeah use the key to lock the doors I mentioned that I do that in my ms6 and works with no problems.

or
1) leave the door open and press lock button on the door.
2) now start the car with door open
3) shut the door
Bingo... car started and locked.

to open the door ---->>>use the metal key from the key fob .

Back