Hood protector - Is one available?

CodyZoom

:
2013 CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech Package (Sky Blue)
I've got about 10,000 miles on it and I'm noticing a lot of chips in the paint on the hood of the car. I'd like to get one of those little black plastic pieces that protects the paint. Do these actually work? Does Mazda make one? I've checked the site and came up with nothing.

I've got about 10,000 miles on it and I'm noticing a lot of chips in the paint on the hood of the car. I'd like to get one of those little black plastic pieces that protects the paint. Do these actually work? Does Mazda make one? I've checked the site and came up with nothing.

I have a clear plastic bonnet protecter on the edge of the bonnet (hood?). It is about 4 inches wide. Do you mean that?
Also got clear plastic front light covers to match.

Thank you both, Zober - that's what I'm looking for. I'll call my local Mazda dealer to see if they can do it cheaper. Thanks.

Zober - does it really help protect?
The way it looks, I am not a big fan for some reason... The price is reasonable though, and while I have been wanting to do the clear plastic "bra" just haven't had a chance - plus it's over $200...
Thanks in advance.

I have this Hood Edge Protector

Any more opinions on this product. I don't think it looks to bad from the pics, assuming it works. It actually matches the front of the car pretty well. The clear bra option is more money and I don't know if the DIY kits allow you to wrap the material around the leading edge which is important.

I did my own bra from Plasti-Dip used just over one can to do whole front dam area and front eight inches of hood. It does a great job of protection and even saved me from a parking lot fender rub. Took me about an hour and cost less than $20. You can search on the site for pictures. I did mine in black, but you can do it in clear too. Clear is just a little more expensive. When I got to sell the car, all I have to do is peel it off and wax and it will look like new.

Back