How to use remote start?

LFebs519

:
2009 Mazda 3
Hello all. I have a 2013 CX-5 GT. It came with the remote start, and I cannot remember how to use it. Cannot find my manual and there is NOTHING online on how to use it. Anyone else that has it can guide me please? 2 days of snow storms in NY, it would be coming in handy right now!

Just press the function key (top right hand button : twice if you want it to remote start with the rear defroster) then press and hold the start button (middle button) until it beeps. You'll basically see a picture of the car and an antenna, one lightening bolt indicating it's sending a signal to the car , and then a return bolt waiting for a signal from the car. It will beep again if it were successful, or it will say "err" if it couldn't start. To stop, just do the same steps as above except hold down stop.

is there some way to program how long the car stays running, the temp, and anything else? I thought I read somewhere you can program the remote but I can't find any instructions and my dealers knows nothing about this remote.

As far as I know, the only thing you can change is the length of time the car stays running.. if you hold down both the function and start key, it'll say "10 mins" and you can toggle between 10 and 30.. temperature you gotta set before you turn off the car.. rear defroster you can do as mentioned above. not the most advance thing in the world.. but it works, and they threw it in for free for me.. so.. I'll take it.

Back