Start car -> Lock -> Unlock?

Vorret

:
CX-5 GS FWD
It's getting colder and colder up north and I want to be able to start my CX-5 , lock the door and let it run for 5 minutes or so before I leave in the morning.

I tried to lock the door with the remote but it's not working so I'm rather scared to lock them all in case I can't unlock the car. Also I don't want to leave them unlocked since anyone could simply jump in the car and drive away...

Am I paranoid? :)

I did this when it was cold a while back....I started the car and tried to lock it but it kept unlocking so I just left it unlocked and running. Luckily I live in a safe neighborhood otherwise I don't think I would have tried it.

I tried to lock the door with the remote but it's not working so I'm rather scared to lock them all in case I can't unlock the car. Also I don't want to leave them unlocked since anyone could simply jump in the car and drive away...

Am I paranoid? :)

Try locking with the door button then shuting the door. If you are locked out there is a physical key in the fob that opens the door...

Am I paranoid?

Try hitting your alarm/panic button on your key fob next time you are out of it..... I am pretty sure a car thief would not want that ruckus going on as they drove away......

Try locking with the door button then shuting the door. If you are locked out there is a physical key in the fob that opens the door...

Leave your window open and experiment. If you get locked out, you can put your arm through the window and unlock the door.

Back