How do you get in to replace interior lights with LEDs?

Lupi

:
Red Mica 2013 Mazda CX-5 GT w/ tec pac
I have the CX5 GT and I would like to replace the interior lights with LEDs. How do you get into the housings?
(scratch)(scratch)

Small screwdriver or something similar, pry the lens off. Edge towards the front of the vehicle.

Jeff

I have the CX5 GT and I would like to replace the interior lights with LEDs. How do you get into the housings?
(scratch)(scratch)

Be very careful on the second seat dome lights. Most of the LEDs are too wide for the posts it is really easy to push too hard and completely mess up the dome light.

You also might not want to do the cargo area. There is a module controlling that light and a lot of people have ruined it by inserting LEDs in the rear cargo area.

Also, If you blow a fuse, it is fuse 54 under the hood (15a). I would recommend pulling it beforehand.

Thanks for the info from the 2 replys. It helps prevent dammage

My fuse box was not numbered. Blew the fuse and replaced it. Engine light came on. My wife sent it in for service and they said that all of the LEDs makes the service codes come back as errors. I had 20 error codes.
FYI to all: change all lights back to regular bulbs before sending in for service.

Latest posts

Back