5.8" touch screen display not dimming at night automatically

Garmon10366

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring
My display has to be manually dimmed each night. It should dim itself in the auto mode but does nothing. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

This has been discussed numerous times before, as well as being in the manual. If you have your dial set at max brightness it wont auto dim, set it one notch lower and it will.

This has been discussed numerous times before, as well as being in the manual. If you have your dial set at max brightness it wont auto dim, set it one notch lower and it will.
I thought of that and did lower it a notch below max brightness but it still did not work.

Were your headlights on at the time? If so, this is the first ive heard of this issue.

Just to confirm that your brightness setting was set at the gauge cluster and not the display screen?

I worked with it and had to lower the main light setting more than a notch but it is working. The only issue is that now the lighting is almost too dim to read the guages. Guess I will just have to live with it. Thanks for all replies.

Back