most range left after 200 miles

HandA

:
Mazda3 and CX-5
Just curious, what range does the computer show for you after you've gone 200 miles after a fill-up? Wondering what the differences will be for different people in different driving conditions. Mine can vary widely based on how I drive

One stretch of my 2800 mile trip last month, at 200 miles I had used about 1/3 of a tank (roughly, don't remember exactly) and it said I could go another 200 miles? Also, very regularly I will be at a half tank and go 200 or 250 miles, all highway, and it will say I can go only 170 or something to that effect.

Around town, normally it says 100 or so miles after I have driven 200 miles, but that's mainly because the wife likes to put her foot into it whenever she drives and DOES NOT know how to drive for efficiency. I never get to drive it around for a full tank day to day, so I can;t really say for sure.

During warmer months could easily see over 150 remaining with 200 driven, now that weather has got cooler seeing about 100.

I just hit the 200 mile mark on the tank of gas and it said 225 left. 30/70 city/highway driving. I think that is one of my best yet.
Often it is 170-180 if I've been a bit too enthusiastic with the throttle.
But even this time I was often in the fast lane and usually several car lengths ahead of other cars when leaving stoplights

Just curious, what range does the computer show for you after you've gone 200 miles after a fill-up? Wondering what the differences will be for different people in different driving conditions. Mine can vary widely based on how I drive

It does vary widely depending upon driving conditions. It is only an estimation. That said, I've rarely fuelled up until I have at least 400 miles on her and I've never fuelled up without the computer indicating I had enough miles left to exceed 400 miles on the tank.

But at 200 miles the trip computer will often indicate that I have less than 200 miles to empty. It all depends upon previous driving conditions.

yeah, it changes a lot usually on me as I go but I like to see how high I can keep the total miles. Usually mine starts out pretty strong and then drops towards the second half of the tank.

I find the range display a better way to learn a more efficient driving style than the instant or average mpg. Floor it a couple of times and the range usually drops noticeably for me. Then I have to be super careful for a while to get the range to go back up. It keeps me entertained on my commute with "lets see nobody behind me and a red light ahead so might as well coast for the next couple tenths of a mile"

The worst is when I fill up at the station off the 65 mph highway and have to jump out in traffic and floor it all the way to 65. Then it starts me out with a much lower range.

Back