Mazda Accessories seem to be done right!!

loughman

:
2013 CX-5 Grand Touring AWD with Tech
We picked up a 2013 CX-5 GT AWD with tech and had the following accessories installed as part of the deal:

Hood guard, side window deflectors, rear bumper guard, wheel locks, cargo cover, cargo tray (rubber mat) and a 3rd key.

The hood guard and side window deflectors have a really nice fit. Mazda did a nice job designing these. We also picked up the Husky weather beater floor mats as i like them the best for the $$ for floor protection. In my experience (on other cars - had Husky weather beaters in my Accord and Weather tech in a Sequoia) the weather beater are the same quality and in some applications better coverage than the weather tech for less $$. Works for me.

This is my first Mazda (well it's really the wife's car, but I do get to drive it once in a while) and I am impressed with the car overall. I took back my old 2005 RAV4 from the wife and traded in a 2011 Accord. Maybe in 3-4 years we can get her a new CX-5 and I can take the 2013 CX-5.

Welcome! Good to hear about the accessories - I have been contemplating getting a trunk mat, just didn't have a chance to stop by the dealer... actually maybe today if I have time.
I agree on cargo cover - love that thing!
I am sure your wife will really enjoy driving CX-5 -- I know I do.. It has the sporty 'soul' while being very fuel-efficient. I am so happy to save $$ on gas!

Welcome to the forums!

I've had my CX5 since May, but I picked up my accessories after I bought it. The OEM rubber cargo cover is excellent, fit's like a glove and great for keeping things from sliding around. I also, have the wheel locks and the cargo cover for when I'm working in more questionable areas of NJ, LOL.

I am contemplating on picking up the window deflectors, so I can leave my windows open a bit in the rain or whatever. Do you have any pictures of your car? I am curious to see what they look like installed.

I will get a few pics of the accessories this weekend and post.....Yes Mazda driver NJ, the CX-5 has a sporty soul while being fuel efficient, we both love it. Her fuel savings increased a bit going from the RAV4 to the CX-5, probably went from an average of 22 mpg to 27 mpg and she drives about 15,000/year. I took a hit on fuel economy, because I took back the RAV4 which replaced my Honda Accord. But we didn't want a 2nd car payment, so even though my mpg went from about 31 to 25, the RAV is reliable, paid for and has plenty of life left with only 123,000 miles on it, Mobil 1 every 5K miles, OEM filters, etc.

I have to say I really like the CX-5 and it has grown on me even more since we have owned it for the 100 or so miles I have driven it.

I'm thinking in 3-4 years we will either get her a new CX-5 and I will take the 2013 or perhaps I will just buy a used one for my commute. By then the RAV will have well over 200K, probably be pushing 250K. It will still have life left, but I may just upgrade to a CX-5 and enjoy the amenities, etc. The RAV is a base model with a 5 speed manual.

Back