LED Low beam options?

meeshow

:
'13 Black Mica CX5 6MT
Does one exist or are there just DRL, fog light and signal light possibilities? Assuming a high beam LED option does not exist either right? Is this b/c of required energy to get them to be that bright or what? I don't understand any of this at all, all I want is cleaner, brighter light from the front of my CX-5. Looking at 6K from the standard Halogens i have on my Sport right now.

Proper LED forward lighting is still in its infancy and very expensive. There are no plug and play options for them. Even customs built units don't put out enough lumens to be useful. I would recommend Black Series 2.5" clear lenses from theretrofitsource.com and a good quality HID kit in 5000K or under. That's the best option until TRS develops the brackets for a Retro-Quick kit

I did not see the response you made here until now. Thanks for the info. Any specific HID kits you`d suggest and exactly how hard is it to open up the stock headlights? Also, i have the non-tech headlamps, with halogens. Is this compatible with the halogen housings, or is it going to be a blasphemy of light once installed?

If you search, you can easily find threads on using aftermarket HID kits in factory halogen housings.

I did not see the response you made here until now. Thanks for the info. Any specific HID kits you`d suggest and exactly how hard is it to open up the stock headlights? Also, i have the non-tech headlamps, with halogens. Is this compatible with the halogen housings, or is it going to be a blasphemy of light once installed?

Unless I am mistaken - please somebody correct me if I'm wrong - but DDM Tuning has their slimline kit that is pretty easy to install. Just make sure that you get the right size bulbs, and plug n play.

Back