CX-5 Aftermarket Mud Flaps: How to put them on?

shadyshawn

:
2013 CX-5
Bought set of aftermarket mud flaps off ebay for my CX5, all the pre-cut holes are matching to ones on the car, however, the screws provided cannot be used (they are just regular screws).I tried to take out the push type retainers on the car and use them to put the flaps on, but they wont go back in probably because the thickness of flap and retainer's length is just right. Any insights on how I can do this? I don't know if there is alternative retainer I can get. Thanks!

When you say Aftermarket, do you mean not Mazda? Who are they made by and where'd you source them? I installed the Mazda mudflaps with no problem. Sometimes a threaded clip is provided which clips to the base plastic around the hole and creates the base for machine screw to thread into.

Shadyshawn, any update. I am from Canada as well. Your link does not have the item listed anymore but I am interested in buying some. Were the flaps shipped from China? How much custom and duty taxes have you paid on them?

There was no custom on mine since they were shipped via regular parcel, takes longer (3-4 weeks) to arrive tho.

Thank you for the quick reply Shadyshawn. Were you able to install them after all? Were did you get the right screws from. Sorry for all these questions. How is your CX 5 doing so far?

Back