Folding Mirrors

Kjendal

:
CX-5 Sport Nav
Hi all,

May seem a silly question but does the CX5 have folding mirrors, I have found reference to this in reviews, but can figure it out on the car.

Anyone found how they work?

Outside the US they may be power folding...I feel like I've seen it in a youtube video somewhere.

both manually fold in..... would have been sweet if they were powered. awful tight getting into the garage

Got the CX-5 with folding mirrors !
Turn the mirror adjustment knob to top position, and they automatically fold.

Gr. Karl ( the Netherlands )

Jeremy, that's sad but we dont get a spare wheel or moon-roof in the uk.

re : power folding mirrors. My kia rondo/carens has them and I thought what's the point, now after having them I couldn't be without them, when travelling down narrow lanes a quick press of the button and they fold. Awesome. On the cx-5 they are part of the mirror adjustment controls so aren't as easy to fold on the move as the kia which has them on a separate button. very useful when parking in multi storey car parks next to a pillar and you need to fold the passenger side to get past the pillar. I couldn't work out how to fold them when I test drove the cx-5 but thanks to Wheelie for the how-to tip.

Obviously very useful in some urban environments.

I have them on my Mercedes and have not used them in 5 years, other than to test them a couple times.

Jeremy, that's sad but we dont get a spare wheel or moon-roof in the uk.

re : power folding mirrors. My kia rondo/carens has them and I thought what's the point, now after having them I couldn't be without them, when travelling down narrow lanes a quick press of the button and they fold. Awesome. On the cx-5 they are part of the mirror adjustment controls so aren't as easy to fold on the move as the kia which has them on a separate button. very useful when parking in multi storey car parks next to a pillar and you need to fold the passenger side to get past the pillar. I couldn't work out how to fold them when I test drove the cx-5 but thanks to Wheelie for the how-to tip.

I would prefer automatically folding mirrors i.e. fold when the car is locked or someway of folding them when you've got out of the car.

The Annoyance is that when you park the car curb side (say in a narrow road where folding would be useful), I want to look in the driver's wing mirror to see approaching traffic coming from behind to aid when it is safe to open the door and get out. If you fold them, you can't see behind, down the road before you get out and once out you can't fold them... unless I'm missing something.

My CX5 has folding mirrors. (Here in Israel) If you have the option, there is a liitle picture of a mirror folded above the L and R control of the mirrors.

Did your car come with the control knob for the entertainment sysytem instead of a second cup holder? I wish it was available here.

mirror mirror on the wall... er i mean cx-5!

I would prefer automatically folding mirrors i.e. fold when the car is locked or someway of folding them when you've got out of the car.

The Annoyance is that when you park the car curb side (say in a narrow road where folding would be useful), I want to look in the driver's wing mirror to see approaching traffic coming from behind to aid when it is safe to open the door and get out. If you fold them, you can't see behind, down the road before you get out and once out you can't fold them... unless I'm missing something.

yes I know what you mean I don't have that problem that often. a 'global close and fold' option selection from the personalization menu for the vehicle remote would be good, (if there is such a menu).

All UK models have power folding door mirrors. I have them on my entry level model. Refer to 3-29 in the Owners Handbook. How did you miss this?

All UK models have power folding door mirrors. I have them on my entry level model. Refer to 3-29 in the Owners Handbook. How did you miss this?

I missed this because I dont actually have a CX5 yet. Should be getting my one just after New Year.

When you do get your CX-5 spend some time sitting in the car with the handbook. There are quite a lot of electronic gadgetry to familiarise yourself with. The handbook is, in my opinion, a bit confusing in describing some of the controls. The wiper stalk and the light stalk are a good example. The handbook also tends to be quite repetitive. The amount of included equipment is amazing, most of which would be extras on certain "so called" prestige brands. In answer to the owner in Israel who would like to have the central joystick controller I would say don't worry about it. I think it's just another trendy gimmick and I don't personally find any use for it.

When you do get your CX-5 spend some time sitting in the car with the handbook. There are quite a lot of electronic gadgetry to familiarise yourself with. The handbook is, in my opinion, a bit confusing in describing some of the controls. The wiper stalk and the light stalk are a good example. The handbook also tends to be quite repetitive. The amount of included equipment is amazing, most of which would be extras on certain "so called" prestige brands. In answer to the owner in Israel who would like to have the central joystick controller I would say don't worry about it. I think it's just another trendy gimmick and I don't personally find any use for it.

Yeah I had problems on my test drive trying to fold the mirrors as the dealer just let me go off in it with the missus. No manual in car. It does have a lot of kit but it's really the mid range model. There is a trim level below what's available in the uk It has manual air-conditioning and a lower grade sound system amongst other things. Still, as you said there's a lot of standard kit included. When you wade through a car handbook and you see "dependent on model" next to most of the kit description it would sure make you feel like a cheapskate if you didn't have that kit in your car (sad1)

Back