Windowshield Sun Shade Options?

kavawava

:
Mazda CX-5 Touring
Hi all,
I'm looking for a decent high quality sunshade for my Mazda CX-5 Touring. I've seen https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)one online however I really want one that is more ridgid and has the individual foldable pannels. I have to park my car in the hot sun at work unfortunately and although I have tinting on the side and back windows it can get pretty hot inside of the vehicle. Right now I'm using a cheap sunshade I got at a local auto parts store, but I would like to pick up something made for my CX-5.

Thanks!

just a heads up on the more ridged ones, the CX5 may have enough room that they aren't a problem but we had one of the more solid folding ones for our P5 and threw it away and it wasn't cheap.

The more flexible ones can bend and twist to get them in place and remove them. But the more solid ones you have to fold them out completely out a away from the windshield and then slide it in. The area where the dash met the windshield wasn't wide enough and at too much of an angle so the shade couldn't accordion while being close to the windshield. The softer flexible ones can be smooshed into place when needed.

I'd always have to wait until my wife got out of the car before I unfolded it or there wasn't room without hitting her or me or both of us with the shade. Same thing for taking it down, if I she got in the car before I had it removed and folded it was a real pain. And nothing like standing out next to a car on a 100 degree day in the middle of a hot parking lot. And even without a passenger it wasn't very easy to use.

We got her the 'official' Mazda one for her Mazda3 and she likes it a lot better.

Hmm.. thats a very good point, I never thought about that! Now that you mention it it is kinda tricky to put up and take down one of the rigid ones when there's a driver and passenger in both seats. Is the official Mazda one a soft roll up type? How much was it and how effective is it at blocking the heat?

Thanks!

The Mazda one is a soft roll up one, I don't see one listed on Mazda's site for the CX5 though. The one for the 3 was around $30 and does a good job with the heat. The ones with the cardboard may do slightly better but it would also hold a ton of heat and on really hot days could be very uncomfortable to handle.

Pretty sure the one you referenced from Amazon in your OP is the one I got for my wife's Miata and it's a damn fine product!

Pretty sure the one you referenced from Amazon in your OP is the one I got for my wife's Miata and it's a damn fine product!

Excellent, looks like Amazon wins again (well I guess not exactly since Amazon doesn't sell this directly), but anyway thanks!

Latest posts

Back