Looking for stock CX-5 radio (7" TFT touchscreen verson)

hollis

:
2013 CX-5 6MT SPORT
Looking for stock CX-5 radio (5.8" TFT touchscreen verson)

images

Since many have upgraded to after market radios, I am interested in upgrading my CX-5 Sport non-touch screen radio to one with bluetooth ability. I am considering just going with an after market radio or maybe upgrade to a Touring/GT CX-5 stock radio.

If you have one available and want to sell it, PM me your asking price.

thanks

Last edited:
Mine doesn't look like that....were there 2 touchscreen versions?

Last edited:
there are plenty of nice after market upgrades, but I want to keep it looking stock and want to keep my steering wheel controls.

I like this radio a lot but I want new speakers. I think I saw a aftermarket headunit with an adapter for the steering wheel controls.

I just want the bluetooth so I can stream audio from my phone.. so some reason I get a lot of static background noise when using the aux input from my S3. I did get a inline 3.5mm group loop isolator which greatly reduced the noise by 80-90% but its just annoying that I can still hear it when talking to people and sometimes when playing music.

do you have the USB input? I haven't tested this yet but I have heard that the BT sound quality is better than the USB input, seems odd.

I just want the bluetooth so I can stream audio from my phone.. so some reason I get a lot of static background noise when using the aux input from my S3. I did get a inline 3.5mm group loop isolator which greatly reduced the noise by 80-90% but its just annoying that I can still hear it when talking to people and sometimes when playing music.

I have seen them occasionally on eBay. Btw you will get much better sound with USB instead of bt. Bt is compressed and doesn't carry the bandwidth a straight USB connection does.

I have an aftermarket radio and I have complete control of my radio through the wheel controls. One thing to remember is that the standard sport cx5 has different steering wheel radio controls than the ones with screens. The screen cars have a call button and hang up button while we only have a mute button.

On my sport, which was a non screen redio cx5, I has able to reprogram the mute button to be a call button for my aftermarket radio. So now when I want to make a call, I simply hit the mute button. Hang up is usually automatic anyway.

interesting info on BT. When I connected S3 to USB input, the radio did not recognize it. According to the manual USB input is just for Ipad and other apple products.

There are cables from couple sources like ebay and amazon (ibolt) that plug into micro USB on phone and output to both 3.5mm male and USB connector that plug into the car. the USB charges the phone and 3.5mm allows music to be played from phone to car radio aux input. Pretty neat until I just recently learned that phone conversations (calls) will not be outputed via micro usb on galaxy s3, so defeats that logic of getting the whole cable to me.

there are a whole lot of options, but seems each time I find a solution to one particular problem, it generated 2-3 additional issues......
Oddly I had previously used an Motorola Atrix 4G and didnt have the static issue, maybe my next phone will solve the issue.

just get a iphone lol (insert evil apple user covert laugh muhahahahaha)

Unfortunately you are correct, all of the radios, either Mazda's or any other aftermarket brand, integrate much better with ios than with android. I dont like it but it is a fact of life.

Unfortunately you are correct, all of the radios, either Mazda's or any other aftermarket brand, integrate much better with ios than with android. I dont like it but it is a fact of life.

iOS is simpler, to use and intergrate. I do have one issue and that is that the radio disables shuffle when you use BT....let me clarify, it shuffles the songs but its by alphabetical order....playlists can be shuffled though.

dont feel like DOWNGRADING my phone and dealing with apple proprietary crap.

this is gonna turn into a apple VS android lol (IMO the S3 is awesome as well, I just prefer my 4S)

Last edited:
interesting...does the radio let you shuffle from the memory stick?

Yes. The only issue I've found is when trying to use a large capacity USB stick like 16GB, it takes forever to read it. However I have great success with 4GB sticks, plus they're so cheap.

images

Since many have upgraded to after market radios, I am interested in upgrading my CX-5 Sport non-touch screen radio to one with bluetooth ability. I am considering just going with an after market radio or maybe upgrade to a Touring/GT CX-5 stock radio.

If you have one available and want to sell it, PM me your asking price.

thanks

I'm thinking about doing the same thing. I was so disappointed after buying an ipod and finding out that with the stock Sport radio, the ipod isn't really supported. You can't use most of the ipod controls and the whole thing is really frustrating.

So I'm either going to try to find the next model up radio on ebay (or maybe here) or get an aftermarket option that works well with ipod. I'd love to hear what other people have done and how they like what they have.

I'm thinking about doing the same thing. I was so disappointed after buying an ipod and finding out that with the stock Sport radio, the ipod isn't really supported. You can't use most of the ipod controls and the whole thing is really frustrating.

So I'm either going to try to find the next model up radio on ebay (or maybe here) or get an aftermarket option that works well with ipod. I'd love to hear what other people have done and how they like what they have.

Mclark99,

If you try to upgrade the non screen stock radio to the screen Mazda radio, you will probably have to upgrade the steering wheel buttons also. They are not the same.

As afar as aftermarket, there are a whole slew of options. The stock car will accept both single din or double din radios. You can buy both single and double din radios that will give you BT, play pandora, and play music from any source including iPods. Double dins can give you more capability including displaying navigation from your phone, playing video from your phone, etc. You can also buy steering wheel interfaces so the you can control the radio from the steering wheel. Really, with aftermarket, the limitations to what you can do depends on what you want to spend.

Mclark99,

If you try to upgrade the non screen stock radio to the screen Mazda radio, you will probably have to upgrade the steering wheel buttons also. They are not the same.

As afar as aftermarket, there are a whole slew of options. The stock car will accept both single din or double din radios. You can buy both single and double din radios that will give you BT, play pandora, and play music from any source including iPods. Double dins can give you more capability including displaying navigation from your phone, playing video from your phone, etc. You can also buy steering wheel interfaces so the you can control the radio from the steering wheel. Really, with aftermarket, the limitations to what you can do depends on what you want to spend.

I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on this https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) I want the HD, bluetooth and Ipod capabilities. $189 seems very good.

Back