About remote stater

tim908

:
Mazda 3 GS 2004
I always want to install a remote starter on my CX-5 since the winter in Montreal is cold. I did some online research and ask around a little bit locally (most of them ask for $300 all included). However, it seems like they don't have a perfect solution for CX-5 yet. If there is anyone already put a non-factory remote stater in his CX-5, I would like to confirm if these following things is true.

1. The bypass is not perfect, so they need one of our key nob to keep inside the car which means I will only have one nob with me. Most likely I need to buy the 3rd one from the dealer as a backup.

2. My dealer told me that the car will be shut down when I open the door after I use the stater to start the car. Will it be the same if I go with some third party starter like compustart, viper etc.

Also, I need some help on finding a reliable remote starter installer in Montreal area. Anyone can help?

Tim908
You will find at least two other "threads" on this same subject. I , like yourself, plan on installing an after market remote. Your letter is correct with every issue you bring up. Apparently VIPER (available though BEST BUY) is working on some software that will then only require one FOB, there own. Presently you would require two, the Mazda one that acts as a proximity fob and allows the car to be started and also the VIPER fob that allows a remote start with the proximity fob being also installed.
With the new software being worked on the Mazda proximity fob will no longer be needed as long as you have the new remote fob. I only mention Best Buy in that they apparently have both the skill and the pricing to make them be considered. Good luck.

Back