need to change the key remote battery

Fredevil

:
CX9, 2011, AWD
hi everyone,
I need to change the battery in my remote. It is dead. My other key was changed a month ago at a pricey cost of $30 at the dealer. Can I do it myself and waht type of battery do I need?

Thanks,
Fred

Fred,
The button battery costs about $2.
The procedure is in the Owner's Manual.

Mine is keycard style. It uses 2025.

Looking at our remote today, the advanced key on our particular car uses a 2025 battery.

I changed the battery in my advanced key as it was completely dead. No lights at all. Now the lights on the card flash but my 2008 CX-9 does not recognize it. I remember replacing the battery in one of these before and having the same problem. I remember going through some sequence I found somewhere where you turn the ignition on and off, do something with the door or window and if you do it correctly it fixed it but I can't find what I did. The only instructions I found said you had to have both keys and you could do this for a third, but I have only ever had the two original keys so whatever I did before worked. Does anyone know the steps I need to go through? Thanks!

Looking at our remote today, the advanced key on our particular car uses a 2025 battery.

I just replaced mine. Original lasted about two years. Somehow our barely used spare lasted just as long. It had 2025 as well but switched to 2032 hoping it would work better/longer. It fits but snug.

Back