Oil Change using Extraction Method

yanniz

:
2013, Mazda CX-5, Touring, Sunroof Bose Package
Anyone had oil change using extraction method on the CX-5? Whats your experience comparing to the traditional drain method?

Always drian via the plug to ensure the sludge, water and crud drain completely out. As it flows from the drain hole, it self flushes this area. Always, replace the washer on each oil change as it gets crushed over time and you will then damage the threads.

I dont think its worth it. You still have to crawl under it to change the filter. What are you gaining by using an extractor?

Anyone had oil change using extraction method on the CX-5? What’s your experience comparing to the traditional drain method?

Haven't yet, but I will be. Use extraction on the BMW and find it much more convenient.

Always drian via the plug to ensure the sludge, water and crud drain completely out. As it flows from the drain hole, it self flushes this area. Always, replace the washer on each oil change as it gets crushed over time and you will then damage the threads.

Not true. My friend and I were concerned about this so we sent samples for oil analysis and found no difference in the level of contaminants in the motor- and that was after 50k miles worth of extraction oil changes on a 160k mile motor.

I dont think its worth it. You still have to crawl under it to change the filter. What are you gaining by using an extractor?

Not having to replace a crush washer, not having to worry about oil leaking from the replaced drain bolt, not worrying about cross threading/thread wear, less time under the car, less clean up.

I agree, not a huge advantage. Bigger advantage with my car that has the top mounted oil filter.

Back