What color did you choose?

What color CX5 did you choose?

• Total voters

Snacks

Contributor
:
CX-5 AWD GT
Curious to what color CX5 is the most popular. I got a liquid silver but my first choice was pearl white....I got talked out of that and I regret it. :(

Curious to what color CX5 is the most popular. I got a liquid silver but my first choice was pearl white....I got talked out of that and I regret it. :(

I wanted the white pearl also but my girlfriend said no because she already have a crystal white Mazda 3.
I got the met grey and i dont regret it but i prefer the white one.

<~~~~ Sky blue here. White pearl was our first choice, but since the dealer didnt have one, we took the S.B. off the floor.

cx-5-first-day.jpg

Black
Wanted white or red at first
But Canadian winters will be next to impossible to keep a white car clean
And too many of my relatives said red looks like a fire department vehicle

Awww... beautiful!!

My first choice was Stormy Blue, I got Stormy Blue. I guess I'm in a minority here... For a minute I considered Metro Gray also but it didn't come with beige interior.
The Sky Blue looks great! But for me personally, it is one of those colors that I think "such a good looking car" but cannot picture myself driving it... for the next several years. So I opt for something more subtle :)

White pearl with black interior. My wife said that dealers sell the cars incorrectly and they must sell cars by colours. One-only white cars, second-only red, the third is only blue (burnout)

Black for me. It was almost required for my fleet. And i'm not a fan of the plastic trim around the bottom and it stood out less with the black. Though there is a white one in my town and it does look great.

wanted 6MT, so options were only Silver, Black, or Grey.... went with the Silver. Enjoy cars in white but this car was designed to be Silver primarily then Sky Blue then Black.
i am good with silver, easy to clean as it hides the most of the dirt and good for resale value.... (maybe not the most exciting like Sky Blue or Red)

I would have preferred all around tan interior as it would hide scuffs and make it feel bigger, but for the price I am happy with black.

White pearl with black interior. My wife said that dealers sell the cars incorrectly and they must sell cars by colours. One-only white cars, second-only red, the third is only blue (burnout)

meaning they could have requested color but the dealer "pushes" other colors? Interesting, cause I know there was a pearl white on the lot but he told me know...I didn't push the issue cause it was probably an AWD GT which is not what we were looking into.

Black for me. It was almost required for my fleet. And i'm not a fan of the plastic trim around the bottom and it stood out less with the black. Though there is a white one in my town and it does look great.

That is a very good point that I didn't think about....I have always owned black vehicles with one white. The black is very nice but I figured I would be extremely anal when it came to scratches and car wash swirls.

wanted 6MT, so options were only Silver, Black, or Grey.... went with the Silver. Enjoy cars in white but this car was designed to be Silver primarily then Sky Blue then Black.
i am good with silver, easy to clean as it hides the most of the dirt and good for resale value.... (maybe not the most exciting like Sky Blue or Red)

I would have preferred all around tan interior as it would hide scuffs and make it feel bigger, but for the price I am happy with black.

Agreed. I really like the premium black cloth in mine.

Like Hollis above I wanted 6MT so I had a limited selection. I also own a black truck and was trading in a dark silver car so Liquid Silver it was. I would've gone Red or Blue, Touring if a MT was available.

...My wife said that dealers sell the cars incorrectly and they must sell cars by colours. One-only white cars, second-only red, the third is only blue (burnout)
I think what he meant was that they should be sold by color, not make/model. Many women I know don't even remember what model they are driving. So in a women-run world, it would be "White Car lot" with all kinds of white cars, "Red Car lot" with all kinds of red cars, etc... you get the idea ;-)

White w/black leather.

(my one and only choice)

Last edited:
I see there is a lot of "I wanted X but got what they had" They only had one AWD GT within 200 miles of me so I didn't have many options without taking a plane somewhere to buy... Silver for me.

Got the Sky Blue Mica. After a grey Honda Accord I wanted some colour. I am very happy with the colour, and have been surprised at how well it holds dirt. Some colours, black being the primary culprit look dirty very quickly, not so with the Sky Blue. It can be pretty dirty but does not look it until you are pretty close to it. It also looks good in any weather, sunny, cloudy, or night time lighting. Again some colours do not fare well under different lighting.

Hi,

aluminum silver in the uk. a.k.a liquid silver almost everywhere else. Living in wales, white is very hard to keep clean - lots of rain. I would have the blue or red if living in a sunnier place. those colors come alive in the sun.
I've had a while car before and it needed washing weekly. silver lasts a lot longer between washes. by a process of elimination it had to be silver. I'd be anal when it came to paint swirls too nothing too dark or light.

vauxhall/opel/gm "silver lightning" was the best color I ever had. mid silver with a tint of blue unfortunately no cx-5 color comes close. There were other colors I liked more but that was the best one I ever owned, my fave colours are perodua medallion grey or chevrolet's ice teal.

wow these numbers are pretty close.....I thought for sure one or 2 would run away with it.

Its unfortunate that some of you folks had to settle because of limited selection. In my area there's 3 Mazda dealership's and they all had plenty of colors in a number of trims. This was late summer though.

Back