Car Fresheners

skeptic

:
CX-5 Touring w/ Bose Package
Okay this is a big topic and a lot of different opinions but I would like to know everyone's choice on car fresheners.

Thanks for all that reply :)

For now, the natural new car smell is the best smell in the world and i dont want to cover that up.

I have the leather seats, I have never had leather before but have found there was a less of a 'new car' smell. I smlet (sounds odd) the next model down at the dealer with cloth seats and foudn it had a stronger new car smell.

Saying that my air freshner of choice is the Amorall range, in Tahitian Vanilla. Mmmmmmmm... and an open window.

Okay this is a big topic and a lot of different opinions but I would like to know everyone's choice on car fresheners.

Don't need one, but I wish I could just get rid of the new car smell. Although only getting the truck at August's end, I quickly did a leather treatment in hopes of masking the "just-manufactured" aroma. No such luck!

Brian

I accidently left a couple boxes of Bounce Sheets in the car. Now it smells like clean laundry every time I open the door.

I know the natural new car scent is toxic but I love that smell. The new car smell trees smell different. I also love the smell of leather but my favorite of all is the mango-mandarin smell which for some reason they stopped producing.

Reminds me of about two weeks after we bought our CX-5, my wife had already put some frufru smelling crap freshener in there. I could have killed her!

I typically don't use one. I noticed if the interior is kept clean, it smells mostly neutral, which alright by me. Just as long as its not smelling bad.

7 months after purchase a coworker got into my CX-5 (w/leather GT interior) for the 1st time and he commented that he liked the "new car smell", so I guess it's still there.

Little Tree: Black Ice. It doesn't last very long, but smells great!

For now, the natural new car smell is the best smell in the world and i dont want to cover that up.
This. Clean cars should not require "car fresheners." Much like apply perfume/cologne on a poorly cleansed person.

In the cars I've had in the past, not once have I put any outside scent in. Even the Infiniti I had from '01-'12 that had 120,000 city miles. No complaints of bad smell either since they were always clean inside.

Latest posts

Back