North America: Diesel is coming in April 2014!

xwedge

:
Mazda CX-5 2016 Touring AWD with Bose/Tech
Just got some insider information :

The CX-5 WILL get the SkyActiveD-2.2 in April of 2013!

Believe it or not, I'm stoked!

Last edited:
Wow glad I held off! I test drove the CX-5 a week ago and really liked it but felt that it could use some more pep. I'm also curious on what kinda MPG these will get. Can't wait to see more concrete information.

Good news, thanks, probably the date is right.

Expect 25% better MPG's (which certainly offsets the 10% higher cost of diesel in many parts of the US). The open question is the US purchase price premium that could be around $3000 to $4000.

the increase in torque will be nice too....I think the euro cx5's have 50% more torque than the US versions

Good news, thanks, probably the date is right.

Expect 25% better MPG's (which certainly offsets the 10% higher cost of diesel in many parts of the US). The open question is the US purchase price premium that could be around $3000 to $4000.

In the 2014 Mazda6 forum, someone posted a Japanese paper ad with some specs for the 2.0l-g, 2.5l-g,, and 2.2l-d engines on the Mazda 6. On that vehicle, mileage is 20% better for the diesel and 15% less for the 2.5l-g as compared to the 2.0l-g version. The torque is more than double the 2.0l-g's. Prices appear to 20% higher bought that could include extra accesories. The diesel is looking good.

In the 2014 Mazda6 forum, someone posted a Japanese paper ad with some specs for the 2.0l-g, 2.5l-g,, and 2.2l-d engines on the Mazda 6. On that vehicle, mileage is 20% better for the diesel and 15% less for the 2.5l-g as compared to the 2.0l-g version. The torque is more than double the 2.0l-g's. Prices appear to 20% higher bought that could include extra accesories. The diesel is looking good.

The article has also been posted in this forum.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123823425-New-Mazda6-Atenza-Newspaper-Ad-with-Specs

Some good guess(es) as any, diesel in US CX-5, still TBD.

Not surprised at all. I have seen nothing indicating the rising oil problem is really fixed.

Welcome Foosh. Do you have a connection to CX-5 owners in Australia maybe?

I asked that question, since he mentioned "nothing indicating oil-rising problems really fixed".

We tend to get the most useful information and realtime feedback from our posters in Australia that are living with the problem and interacting with Mazda service on a regular basis seeking fix.

Back