Sirius Question

rebelins66

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 AWD GT Black Mica/Sand Leather
I have new GT with tech package. I called up and got my Sirius trial activated. But when I browse through the stations, I can't seem to find the Howard Stern channels. It seems to skip right over them.

Am I missing something? Maybe there's a parental lock turned on?

I figured it out. I had to request a refresh of the Sirius signal and then the missing channels appeared. Phew!

Does anybody notice that the Sirius stations' quality is very bad? It fluctuates between sounding like an AM station and an internet streaming station.
I LOOOOVE my new 2014, but the audio portion of the vehicle is severely wanting. :(

Bringing up this old thread 'cause this is probably just a silly question but...

I have a 2016.5 Touring w/Bose and from looking at Mazda's specs the Sirius XM should only be standard on the GT, right? But when I bought the car the salesman gave me a brochure for Sirius and explained that it came with a trial subscription. Was he wrong or did Mazda change something? If it helps, the Sirius line is grayed out in the info system screen, but that may always be the case unless you have the GT. This isn't a big deal at all as I have little interest in sat. radio, but the family's embarking on a road trip soon and I figured I'd take advantage of the free trial if it is indeed available.

tl;dr version: how can you tell if Sirius XM is available in your car?

Bringing up this old thread 'cause this is probably just a silly question but...

I have a 2016.5 Touring w/Bose and from looking at Mazda's specs the Sirius XM should only be standard on the GT, right? But when I bought the car the salesman gave me a brochure for Sirius and explained that it came with a trial subscription. Was he wrong or did Mazda change something? If it helps, the Sirius line is grayed out in the info system screen, but that may always be the case unless you have the GT. This isn't a big deal at all as I have little interest in sat. radio, but the family's embarking on a road trip soon and I figured I'd take advantage of the free trial if it is indeed available.

tl;dr version: how can you tell if Sirius XM is available in your car?

If it's completely greyed out then you don't have it. Even if the subscription is not activated you should still be able to click on it but only listen to channel 1 which is the demo channel.

Does anybody notice that the Sirius stations' quality is very bad? It fluctuates between sounding like an AM station and an internet streaming station.
I LOOOOVE my new 2014, but the audio portion of the vehicle is severely wanting. :(

Sirius/XM is MP3 based and can never be better then a mediocre MP3. The weaker the ssignal, the worse it gets.

If it's completely greyed out then you don't have it. Even if the subscription is not activated you should still be able to click on it but only listen to channel 1 which is the demo channel.

Thanks! I won't bother with it then.

Back