Anyone have tan Weathertechs?

:
Mazda CX-5 GT 2wd
I am wondering how well the tan Weathertechs will match the sand interior? I was getting ready to order a set, but thought I would check here first. I think black looks fine, but I have noticed that the black OEM mats are very difficult to keep clean and would like something that shows a little less dirt. Thanks.

Nevermind. I ordered a set of Lloyd custom fit rubber mats in ivory. I know they're not as heavy duty as the weathertechs, but should be good enough for occasional muddy boots, etc. Plus I think the color will match better and they are about half price.

The Lloyd mats arrived this week. While I like the way they look and how heavy they feel, they smell really bad!! So bad that I haven't put them in the car yet.

I personally like the way tire rubber smells, but these things smell like pencil eraser rubber (or worse). I put them in a room on the other side of the house to air out one night and the next morning the smell had spread throughout the entire house. Then I moved them to the basement, and now the basement smells.

Anyway, I know there isn't a lot of interest in this thread, but just wanted to share my experience in case someone else is considering them. Right now, I am just hoping that these things don't perpetually stink. If they air out within a few days I will be happy.

are they their "RUBBERTITE" mats? If they are the same material as one of their competitors use the smell likely won't ever completely go away. There's similar ones made by another company that uses a deodorizer that mortuaries use on them before they ship and it doesn't even kill the smell. The person I knew that had a set of theirs said it faded a lot and 'you get used to it'. But their mats smelled much stronger than just a rubber or eraser smell, they were like they had melted a skunk into the rubber. Not my idea of fun with a new car.

are they their "RUBBERTITE" mats? If they are the same material as one of their competitors use the smell likely won't ever completely go away. There's similar ones made by another company that uses a deodorizer that mortuaries use on them before they ship and it doesn't even kill the smell. The person I knew that had a set of theirs said it faded a lot and 'you get used to it'. But their mats smelled much stronger than just a rubber or eraser smell, they were like they had melted a skunk into the rubber. Not my idea of fun with a new car.

Yes, those are the ones. I don't understand why they chose such a stinky material. Lol - melted a skunk into the rubber - that describes the smell pretty accurately.

just a wild guess, but to encourage the outgassing, you may want to put them in the sun for a few days.

Back