wire for ambient light

HandA

:
Mazda3 and CX-5
anyone know of a good wire to tap into to add ambient lighting to the interior?

I want to add a couple very dim leds to under the dash and pointing at the center console (similar to what our Mazda3 has). I added a couple to my old Tacoma but it was easy, I just tapped into the wire for the ashtray light.

The CX5 is buttoned up a bit more under the dash than the Tacoma was so things aren't as easy to get at and it doesn't have any obvious on with the lights wires (although I guess it isn't a big deal if the LED is on whenever the car is on.

anyone know of a good wire to tap into to add ambient lighting to the interior?

I want to add a couple very dim leds to under the dash and pointing at the center console (similar to what our Mazda3 has). I added a couple to my old Tacoma but it was easy, I just tapped into the wire for the ashtray light.

The CX5 is buttoned up a bit more under the dash than the Tacoma was so things aren't as easy to get at and it doesn't have any obvious on with the lights wires (although I guess it isn't a big deal if the LED is on whenever the car is on.

i was thinking of putting one or two royal blue leds (450nm range, if i can find surface mount ones) in the overhead console pointing down and wire it into the hot side of the moonroof controls so they're only on when car is running so it gives a nice low, sedate, ambient lighting in center front of car

Back