Dash cleaning tips???

keilime

:
2013 cx 5
I don't know if anyone else is running into this, but I am having a heck of a time trying to come up with a way to clean the rubbery dash on my cx5. I've never owned a vehicle that had a dash that was so hard to clean and keep clean. Any kind of cloth I try just makes a mess and just smears the dust around on the dash it's like the dust just sticks to the rubbery finish of the dash. I've tried wet micro fiber dry microfiber I've even used a lint roller on occasion.

Anyone have tips on what works for you to keep the dash clean?

Believe it or not I use an ordinary kitchen sponge with Meguiars Ultimate Protectant Spray about $11, leaves no residue and wipes the dust off easily leaving behind a nice shine.

I'm really wanting to keep the original Matt finish on the rubber, so I've been avoiding using any kind of spray or gel I'm not a big fan of the shiny dash. Nizzy1115 I'll give the microfiber "smack it around" method a try. :)

Last edited:
I used an Armorall cleaning cloth to clean the dash, then 303 protectant to finish it off. Be sure to remove any excess and buff it off with a microcloth after.

Still using Meguiars interior cleaning wipes...no residue, just looks like factory finish again. I just keep a bottle of them in my car and occasionally wipe the dash down.

I bought an auto detailing attachment kit for my shop vac. The soft brush attachment does a nice job of cleaning the dash and surrounding areas.

Back