CX-5: Fun in the Sand

McFlyfi

:
2013 Cx-5 Touring/Bose/Tech
I took the CX-5 to Pismo Beach this weekend. Drove over to Oceano Dunes Recreation area- the only Place in California where you can drive on the beach.

I'll admit- I was nervous, I had no idea how the AWD system would function. I didn't want to leave the safety of the hardpack near the water, bit did do a little in the softer, deeper stuff just up the beach. It's a little scary with all the quads, buggies, and monster trucks all over, but turns out to be great fun.

If we had had our truck with us (Tacoma 4wd TRD), I certainly would've aired down and tried it out in deeper sand. But it wasn't going to happen, and I sure didn't want to get stuck.

All in all, it was a gorgeous fall weekend at a beautiful beach, and we had a blast driving up on the beach and hiking out onto the dunes.

I shot a little video and put it together- Click here for video, 22mb file I would've just put it on YouTube, but the music police are getting ridiculous.
It'll take a minute to download, and is 40 seconds long. Hope you enjoy it 1/10th as much as I did!

Nice vid, glad to see your blue CX-5 in natural habitat.

Sand:

Mud:

Dirt:

Cheers,
Miki

Last edited:
Back