Will these wheels fit?

JF1444

:
Metro Gray CX-5 GT AWD
I picked up a set of used Mazda 17" rims to use as winter rims. I haven't yet received my GT (due this week) and I may have put the carriage in front of the horse in buying these rims.
I am now worried that they won't fit. :( I 'assumed' they would since the bolt pattern was what I needed for the Cx5-GT (5 x 114.3).

The inside markings of the rim say '17 x 6.5 JCH'. I am going to put on Continental Extremes 225/65/17. Am I OK? Or did I just waste my money??

Attachments

• IMG_0118.JPG
    IMG_0118.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 379
  • IMG_0121.JPG
    IMG_0121.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
I pretty sure they would fit.

bolt pattern is good, offset is also good for a 6.5 rim, just check the width requirements on Continental website for this 225 tire, but 6.5 should be good for 225, not ideal but good enough

17 x 6.5 JCH
means 17" wheel from bead to bead, and 6.5JJ is in inches across from side to side (if the wheel was standing up).

I picked up a set of used Mazda 17" rims to use as winter rims. I haven't yet received my GT (due this week) and I may have put the carriage in front of the horse in buying these rims.
I am now worried that they won't fit. :( I 'assumed' they would since the bolt pattern was what I needed for the Cx5-GT (5 x 114.3).

The inside markings of the rim say '17 x 6.5 JCH'. I am going to put on Continental Extremes 225/65/17. Am I OK? Or did I just waste my money??

Did you use these wheels for winter? I have the exact wheels. Based on the calculations, the inside clearance is 4mm more, but the outer position of the wheel is retracted 8mm more, so the track is narrower. Wondering if you noticed any difference in handling?

Last edited:
Back