CX-5 Chrome Front Fog Light Covers...Any pics?

goofytim

:
2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring Tech Package
Hi,

I am new here and just picked up my CX-5 Touring yesterday. Very excited! I was wondering if anyone had installed the chrome fog light covers on their car? I am referring to the ones like this:
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I wanted to see actual pics from real people and also ask about the quality. Any feedback would be appreciated as I start down to road of adding a few trim mods to make this car even better!

Thanks
Tim

IMO...it wouldn't make the CX-5 better. They look tacky. Different strokes for....

I think it might look ok in a brushed aluminum finish.Can't stand it when people bling out their cars with tons of aftermarket chrome. Looks tacky as hell.

I think it might look ok in a brushed aluminum finish.Can't stand it when people bling out their cars with tons of aftermarket chrome. Looks tacky as hell.

Yes, that would be preferential but I hadn't seen the brushed aluminum before. I just wanted something a little better then the flat black look that is there now. My car is silver and I wanted to make the fog lights blend more like the headlights do.

No thanks, a bit excessive. The little bit of bright trim (logos, tail pipes, grill) on the CX-5 from the factory is well-balanced and tastefully done.

Ultimately I would love to have this, like the concept...

Mazda-CX-5-To-Come-To-India-Soon.jpg

Very tasteful and looks great IMO.

Agreed, the concept is the basis for the successful and well-styled (IMO) CX-5 that went into production. Like many of the better concept cars today, it translated well into a legal production vehicle.

This has gotten to be my standard suggestion for so many exterior colors in the last 6 months - try Plasti Dip. Go you dipyourcar.com and check out your options. I think if you you used one of the metalizer options you could get the look you want. Its cheap. Its fun. And if you don't like it, you just peel it off.

Hmmm...so do I need to remove them to Plastic Dip them or you think I can just paint them there?

I just bought a pair of chrome fog light cover, n its painted gloss black now, will mount them on my met grey once the paint is fully cured! the quality of the product is quite nice, had try the fitment on the fog lamp area it fit like a glove

Post some pics when you have them installed. I would love to see how the gloss black looks compared to the chrome look. Did you get the cheap ones from ebay or did you find them somewhere else?

I got it from ebay 29.99 include shipping to malaysia :) I still need to wetsand it down n put on some clearcoat before I put it on, anyway will post the photo when i get home from work today

Hmmm...so do I need to remove them to Plastic Dip them or you think I can just paint them there?

You can Plasti Dip them without taking them off. Just follow the instructions at dipyourcar.com or youtube. You'll tape them off about an inch away using blue tape just to keep overspray off a big area of the car. The overspray right around the lamps just peels off.

Nice pics from Philiphines, the chrome trim looks almost OEM. Looks like up in hills or mountains, was that picture taken near Baquio?

Nice pics from Philiphines, the chrome trim looks almost OEM. Looks like up in hills or mountains, was that picture taken near Baquio?
Thanks! No, the picture was not taken from Baguio but before that place, Pangasinan to be exact! Been to Baguio?

Back