Seats uncomfortable

dougel

:
2013 CX-5
We just finished an 8000 mile road trip in the CX-5. We traveled from Washington State to Florida. Here are my impressions after the big loop around the country.
CX-5 Touring with Tech Package

1. Hood bounces (only above 70 mph)
2. Driver's side mirror bounces (only above 70 mph)
3. Drivers seat is very uncomfortable after extended driving.
4. Bose package is neutral.
5. Car holds the road very well on tight turns.
6. People ask about this car wherever I go.

Sitting at the dealer right now hoping for resolution to #1 and possibly #2.
Has anyone else noticed #3? I bought a small $5 pillow that helped some but this seems silly for a brand new car. Just not well cushioned in this area in my opinion. Any other more permanent suggestions?
I would not have paid for the Bose system if given the option again. Not worth the cost for mediocre sound and the center speaker ruins the stereo mix.
I love #5 and #6.

I drove my CX-5 565 miles home from the dealer I purchased it from in SoCal and noticed the same thing about the seat. I don't have a lot of padding (personally) in my posterior and my take is that the padding they use on the seat cushion is pretty firm (rather than too thin). Doesn't bother me a bit driving it around town; in fact I've always preferred firm seats. But I suspect I will have to get some kind of cushion for long trips.

seats are firm but I haven't found them uncomfortable. They are firm enough that I take my wallet out of my pocket for anything longer than just around town driving. That being said I have driven cars for long distances that seemed more comfortable to me. I do find myself adjusting the seat a fair amount to change the position.

I didn't listen to the radio in a non-Bose one but I'd have to think it is noticeably better. It isn't stellar quality but it is better then what I've heard in a lot of other cars and way better than the 'upgrade' Pioneer system in a Terrain.
I just turn off the centerpoint on it and I like the way that sounds better.

It always feels to me like there is a metal bar across my lower back. Similar to what it is like to sleep on a fold-out couch. It is padded, but you definitely know it is there. I was hoping it was just my car and there was an issue that could be fixed, but the demo model at the lot felt the same way.

mine has felt like the metal bar thing a couple of times. I find if I tilt and slide and raise and lower different parts of the seat it goes away (and deflate the lumbar support) I do wish it had seat memory so I could easily get it back to the perfect position.

I'm 6'2", 270 lbs, and have no problems with the driver's seat. No hood or driver's mirror vibration either.

I found the seats in the touring to be less comfortable than the ones in the GT, but I have a larger than normal rear end too.

I find the seats fine, but my girlfriend who is quite short thinks they need a bottom cushion and more lower back support.

6' 160 lbs and I spend 3-4 hours a day in the car. Initially I wanted more lumbar support but have no complaints. It's not a Volvo seat but it's good and supportive.

prefer my seat back to be firmer, which CX-5 seat is not...
Mazda should really change their seat design, there are many complaints...

But then the people that are happy with the way they currently are would likely not be happy with the 'new' seat.

Agreed, the seats in CX-5 seem to be comfy for a majority of owners.

Seats are perfect.
Best fitting car I've had in a while!

I like the seats in the Touring CX-5 a lot! Previously, the best seats I had experienced were in my Volvo S80. But the CX-5 seats are more comfortable for long trips and are probably a lot lighter as well.

Amazing how cars just keep getting better and better!

Just test drove a CX-5 today, and can say that for me the Touring seats felt/looked better than the Sport seats, a shame since I was planning on getting a manual Sport if I went with the CX-5. I knew the material would be different between the two, but I was surprised at the bolstering and cushioning difference. I didn't have any issues in the Sport I drove but was only on a 30 minute test drive (longer than a normal test drive for sure). FYI we have a '12 MZ5 and I find the seats in that vehicle very uncomfortable.

Back